program for manipulating colours in an image

program for manipulating colours in an image

Post by Ju » Fri, 01 Aug 2003 21:04:38

Is there a program that enables easy manipulation ofn the colours
within an image say enable selection of an area and make that
particular seclected area the same colour as another colour in the
image?

program for manipulating colours in an image

Post by Wald » Fri, 01 Aug 2003 22:17:35

Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro can do that. In Photoshop: make a selection, go
to Image->Adjust->Replace color. Select the color(s) that you want to
replace and shift the sliders at the bottom to get the proper color.

Waldo

Quote:> Is there a program that enables easy manipulation ofn the colours
> within an image say enable selection of an area and make that
> particular seclected area the same colour as another colour in the
> image?

program for manipulating colours in an image

If budget is an issue, you use a free & capable image editing software
called GIMP. Check it out at www.gimp.org

Victor
www.motionportion.com

program for manipulating colours in an image

Post by Ju » Mon, 04 Aug 2003 02:39:26

Using photoshop 7, I extracted an objected amended it and put it back
in the image the prob is the parts of the amended object that was
removed has a different colour from the rest of the image, ideally I
would like a free form selection tool that will enable me to select
the parts of the amended image that has a different color to the rest
of the image and then fill it in with the color of the rest of the
image, I don't seem to see a free form selection tool in adobe
photoshop 7, only way it seems is to use the rectangular marquee tool
and then fill with the desired color, this is not 100% effective,
surely there must be a way of creating a uniform colour on an
extracted object that has been placed back in the image.

program for manipulating colours in an image

Post by Wald » Tue, 05 Aug 2003 15:45:33

Photoshop has some powerfull selection tools. If you click the marquee tool
in de toolbar a few seconds, it will expand. You'll see the rectangular,
elliptical, row and column selection tools.

The icon below the marquee tool is the free selection tool, you're probably
looking for. There is a free hand, line and magnetic selection tool (click
for a few seconds on the icon to select one).

You can add (shift) or subtract (alt) parts to/from a selection.

Finally, you could use the pen tool for selections. That's for the more
experienced, but it works well.

Waldo

Quote:> Using photoshop 7, I extracted an objected amended it and put it back
> in the image the prob is the parts of the amended object that was
> removed has a different colour from the rest of the image, ideally I
> would like a free form selection tool that will enable me to select
> the parts of the amended image that has a different color to the rest
> of the image and then fill it in with the color of the rest of the
> image, I don't seem to see a free form selection tool in adobe
> photoshop 7, only way it seems is to use the rectangular marquee tool
> and then fill with the desired color, this is not 100% effective,
> surely there must be a way of creating a uniform colour on an
> extracted object that has been placed back in the image.

program for manipulating colours in an image

Post by Ju » Thu, 07 Aug 2003 06:59:45

if i wanted to add a picture to the current image, but make the
picture I just added look like the background of the image, how could
I go about this? with photoshop 7

thanks