Macromodel won't run in Windows 95 Build 347

Macromodel won't run in Windows 95 Build 347

Post by William Parsons Newhall, J » Fri, 16 Jun 1995 04:00:00

I just got Macromodel for Windows and installed it without a hitch.  However,
it just won't run when I double click the Macromodel icon--the drive spins,
the hourglass comes up, but no macromodel.  Any tips are greatly appreciated

Post by Peter Gru » Sat, 17 Jun 1995 04:00:00

 WPN> However, it just won't run when I double click the Macromodel icon--the
 WPN> drive spins, the hourglass comes up, but no macromodel.  Any tips are

Dunno if this applies, but...

Freehand 4 for Win has a bug that disallowed the program to run if you had
not filled out all 3 edits controls on the registration dialog. I did not
put in an Organization: entry.

The solution for that was to hold ctrl (or shift or something) while the
program was starting. This brought up the dialog which could then be filled
out 'properly'.

If they have a high degree of code portability there, maybe this is your
problem. Or maybe it just doesn't work with that build of Win95.

... Boku wa hon desu.
___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12

Macromodel won't run in Windows 95 Build 347

Post by John Dowdel » Wed, 21 Jun 1995 04:00:00

William Parsons Newhall Jr. writes on June 15, "I just got
Macromodel for Windows and installed it without a hitch.  However,
it just won't run when I double click the Macromodel icon--the drive
spins, the hourglass comes up, but no macromodel.  Any tips are
greatly appreciated"

You bet, that's exactly what happens. MacroModel for Windows is
exactly that... as the manual states, Windows 3.1. Also works well
under later variants, such as WfW 3.11. But current beta builds of
Chicago do not support MacroModel 1.5. If you're actually a beta
site for Chicago, then please do send a beta report to Microsoft,
thanks -- they've been enabling backwards-compatibility for many
apps, and I'd like to see it with MacroModel, too.

(btw, I work with Macromedia, and can safely say that future
versions of the 3D tools will take advantage of operating systems
current at that time... MM1.5 predates Chicago, however, and is
spec'd for Windows 3.1.)

Regards,
John Dowdell