Which scanner to buy?????

Post by chris ma » Sat, 03 May 1997 04:00:00

I would like to buy a flatbed scanner. If I want to digitize pictures
for the WWW, do I need a really high end scanner (e.g., Microtek
ScanMaker III), or would a $500 scanner (e.g., UMAX Vista S-12) be
sufficient? How about $200 scanner, like a Microtek E3?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Which scanner to buy?????

Post by Paul N. Le » Thu, 08 May 1997 04:00:00

> I would like to buy a flatbed scanner. If I want to digitize pictures
> for the WWW, do I need a really high end scanner (e.g., Microtek
> ScanMaker III), or would a $500 scanner (e.g., UMAX Vista S-12) be
> sufficient? How about $200 scanner, like a Microtek E3?

A handheld scanner is capable of getting images captured for website
publications.  But like anything else, you usually get what you pay
for.  Better features, reliability, quality, support, etc. come with
name vendors and products.  The UMAX Vista S-12 is a very good quality
scanner that should last many years with professional type output.

--
BM

Which scanner to buy?????

Post by Ragma » Sat, 17 May 1997 04:00:00

I'm using a HP-P5 that I think cost $385 shipped and it does
very nicely.

http://www.toolcity.net/~goober

Quote:> > I would like to buy a flatbed scanner. If I want to digitize pictures
> > for the WWW, do I need a really high end scanner (e.g., Microtek
> > ScanMaker III), or would a $500 scanner (e.g., UMAX Vista S-12) be
> > sufficient? How about $200 scanner, like a Microtek E3?

1. which scanner to buy

I'm looking at the hp 5p and the mustek 800IIsp the numbers are better on
the mustek as far as resolution goes but the hp seems to have a better
software package. there is a $50 price difference... what i don't know is
which scans better and that is the important part.... if anyone has an
opinion on either of these take a minute and let me know..... please email
me.

everyone was fantastic giving my advice on a zip / syquest drive... just
thought I'd run this past everyone... its the next purchase..
Thanks again,
Matt

2. 3-D Screen Graphing

3. What is a Good Scanner to buy

4. Dual Monitors with a PC?

5. which color flatbed scanner to buy?

6. normal generation of voxelized objects

7. Which scanner to buy?

8. Software Announcement - "A+ Screensaver Creator"

9. What Scanner to Buy?

10. What scanner to buy?

11. Which Scanner 2 buy

12. which scanner to buy??