printing GIFs on HP Paintjet

Post by rezn.. » Thu, 07 Mar 1991 23:58:00

I would very much like to find a program that will print an image
(preferabbly in GIF, but PCX or anything, for that matter would be
ok) on an HP Paintjet printer, connected to an MSDOS system.

Hopefully the program would also let me print things which can't
be displayed on my screen.

thanks

Post by Lee Crock » Sat, 09 Mar 1991 06:43:48

>I would very much like to find a program that will print an image
>(preferabbly in GIF, but PCX or anything, for that matter would be
>ok) on an HP Paintjet printer, connected to an MSDOS system.
>Hopefully the program would also let me print things which can't
>be displayed on my screen.

The current version of PICLAB (1.82) is available from CompuServe,
various BBSs, and some FTP sites.  I'm sorry I can't be more detailed,
but I only post it to CompuServe; it gets distributed around from there.
--
Lee Daniel Crocker

...!uunet!mport!lee

Post by Mike Castle {Nexu » Sat, 09 Mar 1991 16:15:54

>The current version of PICLAB (1.82) is available from CompuServe,
>various BBSs, and some FTP sites.  I'm sorry I can't be more detailed,
>but I only post it to CompuServe; it gets distributed around from there.

New Mexico:  simtel20.army.mil (26.2.0.74) in the PD1:<MSDOS.GRAPHICS> dir
Missouri:    wuarchive.wustl.edu (128.252.135.4) in mirrors/msdos/graphics
Australia:   sol.deakin.oz.au (128.184.1.1) in  pub/PC/simtel-20/graphics

as piclb182.zip

So, when's the next version coming out anyway???      :->
--

Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly, and be right | operating
all the time, or not work at all, and be right twice a day.  | system. :->

printing GIFs on HP Paintjet

Post by Yong Su K » Sat, 09 Mar 1991 17:10:02

Is there a way to compress non-compress IFF files using some program
which runs under SunOS?

It seems that the IFF viewer on my GS only display compressed IFF
files.  I think that alchemy writes compressed IFF files, but it
doesn't seem to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

|UUCP    : uunet!rutgers!columbia!cunixc!yk4 |||||||...Apple IIGS user...||||||
|____________________________________________||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

1. Printing GIF's on a HP PaintJet

Is anyone aware of a program for the PC which will allow you to print
GIF images on a HP Paintjet Printer.  I have been looking at a program
called Graphics Workshop but the version I have only supports the
HP LaserJet, Postscript and a few other popular printers such as the
Epson FX and LX range.

Maybe someone can suggest a good ftp site with some graphics utils
for the PC.

Regards,
Jason

     Teaching and Research Support         Snail Mail:  Locked Bag No2
  Queensland University of Technology                   Red Hill Qld 4059
         Kelvin Grove Campus               Voice Ph:    +61 7 864-3452

2. L A folk

3. Needed: Driver for HP Paintjet to print targa graphic files

4. Debugger?

5. HP PAINTJET HP-GL??

6. reducing graphics without distortion...help

7. HELP! Looking for HP Paintjet driver

8. GIF -> HP PaintJet (Repost)

9. HP PaintJet

10. Conversion from HP Paintjet to EPS/PS

11. How to get accurate colors on HP Paintjet from xwd

12. HP PaintJet-XL VDI driver wanted