GKS (Graphic kernel system)

Post by Pramod Mahad » Fri, 10 May 1991 09:25:43

Hello GKS experts!
this is a total novice posting a simple problem.
the problem is as follows
I would like to draw lines using GKS and I am using
the subroutine in FORTRAN-77 called GPL. I have to draw
lines of different linewidths on the same workstation
viewport. I tried setting the aspect source flag to
bundled so that whenever I call the routine ,the line
will have a linewidth specified by the routine set line width
space factor.But I still get the same line widths for all
lines.
It would be nice of you ,if you could tell me how to acheive
this and what should be the coordinate system to indicate the
line-width spacing
Thanks in advance.
Pramod M.Mahadev

GKS (Graphic kernel system)

Post by Mark S » Sat, 11 May 1991 17:52:05

>Hello GKS experts!
>this is a total novice posting a simple problem.
>the problem is as follows
>I would like to draw lines using GKS and I am using
>the subroutine in FORTRAN-77 called GPL. I have to draw
>lines of different linewidths on the same workstation
>viewport. I tried setting the aspect source flag to
>bundled so that whenever I call the routine ,the line
>will have a linewidth specified by the routine set line width
>space factor.But I still get the same line widths for all
>lines.
>It would be nice of you ,if you could tell me how to acheive
>this and what should be the coordinate system to indicate the
>line-width spacing
>Thanks in advance.
>Pramod M.Mahadev

Pramod:

If you simply would like to draw lines of different widths, you should
precede the POLYLINE call (GPL) with a call to the SET_PLINE_LINEWIDTH
function which is GSLWSC in the FORTRAN binding.  Your workstation will then
try to draw a line in the width specified in the GSLWSC call.

i.e.
     CALL GSLWSC( XLineWidth)
     CALL GPL( NPoints, Px, Py)

The line width is a real value with 1.0 usually representing the thinnest line
the workstation can display.  Setting the value to 2.0 will display twice this
width IF the workstation is able.

The above approach sets the INDIVIDUAL attribute of a polyline. BUNDLED
attributes are primarily used when you wish to change an attribute
(colour, width, line_type) dynamically when the line is stored as a segment.
If this is what you would like to do, e-mail me.

Hope this helps you!

Genetek Earth Research Corporation          (604) 921-6807
P.O. Box 517
Lions Bay (Vancouver), B.C., CANADA
V0N 2E0