JOB: Looking for a Traditional Character Animator

JOB: Looking for a Traditional Character Animator

Post by Craig Simmon » Tue, 22 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

Please forgive and excuse me for cross-posting to the comp.graphics
newsgroups.

Our college in Eastern Canada is setting up a new animation program to
start in January.  We're currently looking for a traditional character
animator to teach in this new program.  If you have the skills or know
of anyone who might be interested in a teaching position, please let me
know.

Any further ideas or leads on finding a suitable candidate would be
greatly appreciated.  Thank you all for your time, patience and help in
this matter (I hope I haven't taken up too much bandwidth!)

Craig

PS.  I'm including the copy for our ad for more info.

Wanted: Classical Animation Instructor
Sense of humour required.  Program to begin Jan97

The Miramichi College, New Brunswicks Multimedia Centre of Excellence
is seeking dedicated teaching professionals for its new Animation and
Graphics Technology Program.  This innovative new course will begin
January 97 and will provide students with the necessary training to
compete in todays fast paced animation industries.  The animation
program will compliment existing programs in Virtual Reality,
MultiMedia, Electronic Game Design, Courseware Authoring and Knowledge
Engineering.

The Multimedia Centre of Excellence is equipped with the latest
technology for producing interactive products, graphics, animation,
video, music and sound.  Our facilities include animation, sound and
non-linear video production studios and a network of SGI, MAC and
Windows graphics workstations running commercial software.

Were looking for a creative individual with excellent communication and
illustration skills, a passion for animation and a strong desire to
share ideas and techniques with others.  Candidates must have a
willingness to work with students, faculty and professional production
facilities to develop and maintain a world-class animation program.  The
ideal candidate will have a good understanding of all aspects of
commercial animation production and a specialization in traditional
character animation.  Experience or desire to work with technology
including 2D and 3D computer animation systems, interactive applications
and video games a definite plus.  Post production and/or soundtrack
production is beneficial.  Prior instructional experience is desired but
not required.  Should the successful applicant not be instructor
qualified, then teacher training may be provided.  Computer training
will be provided as needed / required.  This is a unique and challenging
opportunity for the right kind of creative individual.

We offer a comprehensive salary/benefits package.

Interested applicants should submit a cover letter describing relevant
experience, a creative resume and a portfolio representative of your
best work no later than Wed. November 6th to:

Human Resources Department
NBCC - Miramichi
80 University Ave, PO Box 1053
Miramichi, NB E1N 3W4

For further information, contact Molly Thompson.

We thank all applicants for applying, but only those selected for an
interview will be acknowledged.  We encourage applications from
qualified women, men, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and
racial minorities.

Subject to the response to this competition, education and experience
requirements may be raised.

Honourable R.J. Roland (Roly) MacIntyre
Department of Advanced Education and Labour

Craig Simmons - Animation & Graphics Technology
New Brunswick Community College - Miramichi
PO Box 1053  Miramichi, NB  Canada  E1N 3W4

Tel: (506) 778-6682  Fax: (506) 778-6001