PD OCR package wanted

Post by Ton Ten Ka » Sat, 07 Sep 1991 22:35:48

I am not sure if this is the right newsgroup to post this message.
However, I am looking for a public domain package to do some optical
character recognition or may be intelligent character recognition, whatever
is out there. I am working in the field of image processing and pattern
recognition. At present we are tackling a problem with service network
maps with lots of characters in it. Being able to recognize the characters
would be very helpful in interpreting the document. We have done some
experimenting with a neural network for ocr but this was not satisfactory.
so, this is my cry for help! Please, send any ideas, suggestions to my

advance.

--
cat: ../.signature: No such file or directory

1. PD CAD package for PD Raytracers under UNIX/X11

I'm looking for a public domain or shareware CAD package that runs on
UNIX/X11 and can dump output for a public domain or shareware
raytracing package such as rayshade or povray.  I've waded through the
resource list, and played with X3D, Xmgf and IRIT, but none of these
are quite what I'm looking for - I can't interactively edit a scene
from the GUI.

Does anyone know of such a package?

        Shaun.

--
"I was in Camberwell when I invented it, and it looks like a carrot."

                -- "Danny" in Withnail & I

2. Discreet Logic Paint ver. 2 FS

3. PD UNIX X drawing package wanted

4. Application Icon

5. wanted: good PD volume rendering package

6. Need a stronger Timage

7. PD Graph drawing packages?

8. 3D Animation in New England

9. PD Paint Package: where ???

10. PD Tele-prompter software package

11. PD Molecular Graphics Package - First Public Release

12. Is there a PD simple vector drawing package?

13. PD image processing package XLIPS V1.0 (Beta)