WANTED: Amateur Graphics Artists

Post by Dreighto » Mon, 18 Aug 1997 04:00:00

--------------E39814D10F6EF16B83E92573

CAUTION SHOULD BE HEEDED...

Temper the caution with some information. There was once this little
venture project that was actually a movie. The movie was actually well
produced and stayed fairly close to budget until near the end of the
shooting schedule when there were some problems with set designs and
effects that had to be redone... then SUDDENLY, there was almost no
money and about 25% shooting left to do. Paychecks couldn't be paid-out
and the producer started signing people up for percentage points of
profits from the release of the movie: grips, sound engineers, etc.
After it's release Star Wars made millionaires out of the people that
believed in the project and stuck with it...

BUT... on the cautious side... if anyone asks you for money or
'investment capital', you tell them to go * themselves.

- - -Dreighton

> ARTISTS' CAUTION:

> Whether or not you're an "amateur", if your work is good enough for
> commercial use, then you deserve fair compensation -- and treatment.

> It's an unwise practice for any artists to create work that others
> intend
> to use for commercial purposes, without *first* securing proper
> agreements
> and equitable arrangements.

> > Hello, My name is George Sylvain, and I am from Digital Minds
> Gameware,
> > a new game software development company based in Britain.  We have
> > several programmers working on the code for a promising and original

> > title that is hopefully set for comercial release. We would like to
> > invite amateur 3D graphics artists with their own software to assist
> us
> > with this project.
> > Being a brand new company, we do not have the budget to pay a
> regular
> > wage, but, we can offer you a percentage of total earnings from this

> > game.  The graphics are such that they can be worked on in your
> spare
> > time and you will not have to visit us here.  All your work can be
> sent
> > to us over the internet.

> > We hope we will soon be welcoming you to our team for this project.

> > George Sylvain
> > Graphical Co-ordinator, Digital Minds Gameware.

> > --
> > Digital Minds

> --
> Remove "X" from email address.

--------------E39814D10F6EF16B83E92573

<HTML>
<TT><FONT SIZE=-1>CAUTION SHOULD BE HEEDED...</FONT></TT><TT><FONT SIZE=-1></FONT></TT>

<P><TT><FONT SIZE=-1>Temper the caution with some information. There was
once this little venture project that was actually a movie. The movie was
actually well produced and stayed fairly close to budget until near the
end of the shooting schedule when there were some problems with set designs
and effects that had to be redone... then SUDDENLY, there was almost no
money and about 25% shooting left to do. Paychecks couldn't be paid-out
and the producer started signing people up for percentage points of profits
from the release of the movie: grips, sound engineers, etc. After it's
release Star Wars made millionaires out of the people that believed in
the project and stuck with it...</FONT></TT><TT><FONT SIZE=-1></FONT></TT>

<P><TT><FONT SIZE=-1>BUT... on the cautious side... if anyone asks you
for money or 'investment capital', you tell them to go * themselves.</FONT></TT><TT><FONT SIZE=-1></FONT></TT>

<P><TT><FONT SIZE=-1>- - -Dreighton</FONT></TT>
<BR><TT><FONT SIZE=-1></FONT></TT>&nbsp;<TT><FONT SIZE=-1></FONT></TT>

<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE><TT><FONT SIZE=-1>ARTISTS' CAUTION:</FONT></TT><TT><FONT SIZE=-1></FONT></TT>

<P><TT><FONT SIZE=-1>Whether or not you're an "amateur", if your work is
good enough for</FONT></TT>
<BR><TT><FONT SIZE=-1>commercial use, then you deserve fair compensation
-- and treatment.</FONT></TT><TT><FONT SIZE=-1></FONT></TT>

<P><TT><FONT SIZE=-1>It's an unwise practice for any artists to create
work that others intend</FONT></TT>
<BR><TT><FONT SIZE=-1>to use for commercial purposes, without *first* securing
proper agreements</FONT></TT>
<BR><TT><FONT SIZE=-1>and equitable arrangements.</FONT></TT><TT><FONT SIZE=-1></FONT></TT>

Digital Minds</FONT></TT>

<P><TT><FONT SIZE=-1>> Hello, My name is George Sylvain, and I am from
Digital Minds Gameware,</FONT></TT>
<BR><TT><FONT SIZE=-1>> a new game software development company based in
Britain.&nbsp; We have</FONT></TT>
<BR><TT><FONT SIZE=-1>> several programmers working on the code for a promising
and original</FONT></TT>
<BR><TT><FONT SIZE=-1>> title that is hopefully set for comercial release.
We would like to</FONT></TT>
<BR><TT><FONT SIZE=-1>> invite amateur 3D graphics artists with their own
software to assist us</FONT></TT>
<BR><TT><FONT SIZE=-1>> with this project.</FONT></TT>
<BR><TT><FONT SIZE=-1>> Being a brand new company, we do not have the budget
to pay a regular</FONT></TT>
<BR><TT><FONT SIZE=-1>> wage, but, we can offer you a percentage of total
earnings from this</FONT></TT>
<BR><TT><FONT SIZE=-1>> game.&nbsp; The graphics are such that they can
be worked on in your spare</FONT></TT>
<BR><TT><FONT SIZE=-1>> time and you will not have to visit us here.&nbsp;
All your work can be sent</FONT></TT>
<BR><TT><FONT SIZE=-1>> to us over the internet.</FONT></TT>

<BR><TT><FONT SIZE=-1>> We hope we will soon be welcoming you to our team
for this project.</FONT></TT>
<BR><TT><FONT SIZE=-1>></FONT></TT>
<BR><TT><FONT SIZE=-1>></FONT></TT>
<BR><TT><FONT SIZE=-1>> George Sylvain</FONT></TT>
<BR><TT><FONT SIZE=-1>> Graphical Co-ordinator, Digital Minds Gameware.</FONT></TT>
<BR><TT><FONT SIZE=-1>></FONT></TT>
<BR><TT><FONT SIZE=-1>> --</FONT></TT>
<BR><TT><FONT SIZE=-1>> Digital Minds</FONT></TT><TT><FONT SIZE=-1></FONT></TT>

<P><TT><FONT SIZE=-1>--</FONT></TT>
<BR><TT><FONT SIZE=-1>Remove "X" from email address.</FONT></TT></BLOCKQUOTE>
<TT><FONT SIZE=-1>&nbsp;</FONT></TT></HTML>

--------------E39814D10F6EF16B83E92573--

WANTED: Amateur Graphics Artists

Post by Stev » Wed, 20 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> > > Whether or not you're an "amateur", if your work is good enough for
> > > commercial use, then you deserve fair compensation -- and treatment.

> > Temper the caution with some information. There was once this little
> > venture project that was actually a movie. The movie was actually well
> > produced and stayed fairly close to budget until near the end of the
> > shooting schedule when there were some problems with set designs and
> > effects that had to be redone... then SUDDENLY, there was almost no
> > money and about 25% shooting left to do. Paychecks couldn't be paid-out
> > and the producer started signing people up for percentage points of
> > profits from the release of the movie: grips, sound engineers, etc.
> > After it's release Star Wars made millionaires out of the people that
> > believed in the project and stuck with it...

> I'll just bet they didn't go out looking for "amateurs" rather than
> professionals though, did they? And while they signed folks up for
> percentage points, they were a known going concern and in the movie biz
> there's ways to forecast for that, too.

> In other words, not at all an applicable example. In fact, a bit misleading.

   Thay went out looking for people that were just above 'amature'. The
old time pro's in the movie were forced on them by some of the backers.
Mostly thay were looking for young people that had done some but not
much and nothing big. His first movie sucked realy baddly and lost
money. Not a good track record. Every thing since then has been
outstanding though. (at least that's how I heard the story)

1. Amateur Artists/Coders Wanted

I'm looking towards forming a new organisation which will bring together a
large team of amateur programmers and artists (i.e. those who have other jobs
but who can still put together some nifty code or artwork).

Put briefly, this organisation will work on projects put forward by third
parties (as well as working on our own projects) with a view to either place
the software into the shareware market or to pass on for commercial marketing.

So if you can put aside enough time then get in touch.

Regards,
David Wyn Davies

To Date:
--------
We currently have two projects on the drawing board. One is a project that has
already been accepted for future publication and marketing (just need the
people to work on it) and the other is a major undertaking (possibly 18 months
work for a large team) which we hope will be a big hit.

2. Index primitive

3. please help amateur graphics artist

4. Help: Cannot Get 5.6 patch to Work.

5. Anyone purchase the registered "manga babes"

6. Graphics computer in ISRAEL

7. Looking for an Artist to help with amateur game project

8. Whirl -- Amateur Artist Homepage

9. Help wanted by amateur animator - which app?