limitations in DOS vs Windows compiles

Post by Paul Szu » Wed, 20 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I was rendering a scene last night which used a large (2Kx2K)
image map. When I tried to render it using either the official
DOS compile or an unofficial GCC compile it crashed or said it
could not allocate enough memory. The windows version ran just
fine however. I had lots of space for virtual memory on the
disk and 15Mb of RAM free. Is there some way around this
problem for DOS? I use a customized version of POVray that is
DOS compiled.

1. MS-DOS (windows) Compile Animation file from still images

Hello All,

I am looking for a program that can allow you to make an animation file (I
am not picky about the file type, my client can take just about anything)
from a series of sequentially numbered series of still images.

The file formats I can have these still images are as follows:

.jpg
.gif
.tga
.bmp
.wmf
.eps
.tif

Ideally I would like a command-line application, one that I could call
from another program, but a GUI program would be acceptable.

Any leads would be appreciated.

-Martin Cron

2. Need Graphic Designers: Seattle

3. POV ray for DOS vs. for Windows

4. d3d in MAX4

5. 3D Graphics Hardware Vs Software for DOS / Windows

6. Mac G5 with Intel chip

7. MS-DOS vs. IBM DOS, help wanted

8. LCD ICC profiles

9. how to bypass dos 64mb limitation in 3dsr4?

10. DOS memory limitations???

11. SUMMARY: 3D renderers for DOS / MS Windows / MS Windows NT

12. Animation-software for X-Windows and MS-Windows or DOS

13. what is the limitation for sharing display lists between two OGL contexts (Windows / Mac)