Illustrator (mac) -> Corel Draw (pc)

Post by Mark Burge » Sun, 19 Mar 1995 07:36:53

What's the best way to do this conversion? I have a client asking for
files (preferably editable) that she can use with Corel Draw. I have sent
her eps's, Illustrator 3 format, saved with an ibm pc preview, but the
client says she can't read them. Actually, she also says that they look
"poorly scanned." Sounds like she *can* read them, but *can't* edit them.

What should I give her/tell her? Does CDR have a way to traslate eps's
that our client does not know about? Do I need to save in an Illustrator
88 or 1.1 format instead?

Thanks for any help...

--
Mark

Illustrator (mac) -> Corel Draw (pc)

Post by Mike Whyba » Sun, 19 Mar 1995 10:28:34

Try saving them without the preview. I don't know if that will work or
not, but if I'm not mistaken, that will at least hide the preview that
it sounds like she is seeing. I may post again after trying a coupla
things.

Illustrator (mac) -> Corel Draw (pc)

Post by InterSof » Sun, 19 Mar 1995 11:02:51

Quote:>What should I give her/tell her? Does CDR have a way to traslate eps's
>that our client does not know about? Do I need to save in an Illustrator
>88 or 1.1 format instead?

Corel imports 1.1 format files more or less flawlessly. Stick to that and
you will have no problems.

John Bruder
Advanced Visuals

:
: Corel imports 1.1 format files more or less flawlessly. Stick to that and
: you will have no problems.

Thanks! I will try that. I also have a feeling she was trying to Open or
Place the file, instead of Importing it...

--
Mark

Post by Graham Allso » Wed, 22 Mar 1995 22:34:00

> What's the best way to do this conversion? I have a client asking for
> files (preferably editable) that she can use with Corel Draw. I have sent
> her eps's, Illustrator 3 format, saved with an ibm pc preview, but the
> client says she can't read them. Actually, she also says that they look
> "poorly scanned." Sounds like she *can* read them, but *can't* edit them.

> What should I give her/tell her? Does CDR have a way to traslate eps's
> that our client does not know about? Do I need to save in an Illustrator
> 88 or 1.1 format instead?

Get her to rename them with DOS naming conventions, and give them the
extension .ai

You should then be able to import them into CorelDraw using the 'Import'
command.

Hope this helps,

Graham

1. ! Help! Illustrator( Mac) to Corel Draw (PC)

How does one save an Illustrator 6 file (Mac) for Corel Draw 6.

I need to save it as a vector file so I can open (not import) it in
Corel 6.

What format should I save it in?

I tried Illustrator 6 eps with a 1bit PC preview. That didn't work.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

2. ANNOUNCE: The Java Graphic Interface

3. Mac Illustrator-->PC Corel??

4. ANN: GDC and Meltdown event slides posted

5. Corel -> Illustrator conversion for Mac

6. Stabbing oriented convex polygons

7. Corel Draw 6 -> Mac

8. Clamped curve settings?

9. Can Mac Corel read Corel 5 PC files?