snakes, tubes, etc...

Post by T » Tue, 05 Sep 1995 04:00:00

   I've  notice alot of great ray traced images including alot of
curved tube objects such as snakes and serpents. Being new to this, I
was wondering how this effect is achieved. I've been just transforming
a bunch of cylinders together but was hoping there might be a more
accurate and less time consuming approach. Any suggestions from the
pros?? Thanks. -Ty

snakes, tubes, etc...

Post by Mike Raifor » Fri, 08 Sep 1995 04:00:00

>   I've  notice alot of great ray traced images including alot of
>curved tube objects such as snakes and serpents. Being new to this, I
>was wondering how this effect is achieved. I've been just transforming
>a bunch of cylinders together but was hoping there might be a more
>accurate and less time consuming approach. Any suggestions from the
>pros?? Thanks. -Ty

I'm notta pro here, but maybe I could help ... if you're using
POV-Ray, and have the sample scenes to go along with it, you
might want to look at IONIC5 and it's associated includes, as
it does have one of these "curving tubes" in it.

1. snakes, tubes, etc...help

  I've noticed alot of great ray-traced images using tubes and curved
cylinders and was wondering what the best way was to achieve this
effect. I've been using a series of slighty rotated cylinders and was
hoping there was a better way. Thanks.  -Ty

2. Height field?

3. arranging filter, tube, frame files etc

4. Corel 4 doesn't start

5. cannot see all tubes,papers etc.

6. Animotion.

7. Extruding with holes, tubes, etc.

8. Searching books on 3D-programming

9. New Tubes set - Tubed vol 6 for psp 7 (line tubes)

10. Free Tubes update 100 masks, 64 pngs for tubes, 1 ani

11. Christmas theme tube ready pngs online today at Free Tubes

12. New Tubes - Sand Tube & more

13. October 1 - 49 new images (44 tube ready) at Free Tubes