Compiling IJG's JPEG software using Watcom for DOS

Compiling IJG's JPEG software using Watcom for DOS

Post by USE.. » Thu, 17 Aug 1995 04:00:00

   I am trying to get IJG's JPEG software to run on a
DOS machine using a Watcom compiler.  The problem is, I
can get the library to compile and the programs that
use the library  compile just fine.  The program even
runs without a problem.  The hang-up is when I read
in a jpeg file using the library, the colors look
WAY too quantized (this is decompressing a file, not
compressing it).
   To make it more confusing, I have identical programs
running on Sun and NeXT machines without a problem. I
thought the conversion to DOS would be easy.  Does
anyone know what I could be missing?  I've tried increasing
the stack size with no affect.

  Compiling for 32-bit DOS protected mode (DOS/4GW)
  Computer has 16MB RAM
  Average image size 30-60K

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Zaphod B.