Media/Halos/Atmosphere/Fog in Moray 3.1

Post by Hagamo » Sun, 11 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi there,
I worked around a little bit with the Texture- Generator in
Moray but had no real sucsess with fog - like things, even
something like rocket-engines exhausts, lasers flames and
simple fog particles which show a light- beam which goes
trough -- I didn't manage it . Sombody nows how to do this
or examples or even a tutorial - please let me know.
And in addition to that it were great if you would know how
to do this in Moiray and not in Pov-Script, and by the way
sombody has a Idea how to make some Space-Nebulas or
something like that black-holes and so on ?
Bye and thanks Hagamon

**** Posted from RemarQ - http://www.remarq.com - Discussions Start Here (tm) ****

Media/Halos/Atmosphere/Fog in Moray 3.1

Post by Stefan Viljoe » Mon, 12 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> something like rocket-engines exhausts, lasers flames and
> simple fog particles which show a light- beam which goes
> trough -- I didn't manage it . Sombody nows how to do this
> or examples or even a tutorial - please let me know.

Please let me know too - I also want to do this and simply cannot get media
to work.

Oh how I wish I still had halo around....

--
This message courtesy of

http://home.intekom.com/rylan/
--
StarWars for ever!.

1. Pov 3.1 Media versus 3.0 halo

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how the heck do I use the 3.1 "media"
statement to get the same effects as the Povray 3.0 "halo" statement? I have
battled with this for some time, but the 3.1 version just doesn't seem to do
what I want - how do you create halos using 3.1?? I like 3.1 but at the
moment (as halos are a big component of what I want to use PovRay for) I am
seriously considering reverting to 3.0 just 'cause it does halos in a way I
can understand. The "interior" and "media" statments seem a very unneccesary
confusion of what was a simple issure in 3.0 - so - can somebody please help
me? How do I do a halo in 3.1? What kind of media statements do I need to
use? I want the same effect that the halo docs in version 3.0 describe - i.
e. the fire cloud - only this in 3.1 and looking the same.

Please can someone help me? I may just be a bit thick, but the 3.1 docs help
nothing at all - they just have some hugely technical discussions and never
actually show you how to do a halo using the media statement. Any url's on
3.1 halos or any examples / help with be GREATLY appreciated.

Please reply by mail if at all possible!

Fanx!

Spawned By Rylan
Is truth beauty or beauty truth?
http://home.intekom.com/rylan/index.html
(NASM examples, NASM - TASM, DJGPP gfx code examples)
Aslo PovRay Raytracing - PovTeam Lives!!

2. Adobe Streamline 2.0 Crashes 660AV w/ 7.5.5

3. Help w/ converting halo to media in POV 3.1

4. Blur Filters Stopped Working

5. povray31 media and interior replace old halo and atmosphere

6. Seeking for picture archiver/library programs

7. Lasers with Media in Moray 3.1 ?

8. JPEG Files - Please Help

9. Moray: Halo -> Media/Interior

10. PovRay 3.1 - Planetary Atmospheres

11. Halos in 3.1, not 3.01+isosurface patch

12. Halos in PovRay 3.1

13. POV halo and atmosphere bug with radiosity?