How To from 7.02 to 7.04

Post by Sue » Sun, 02 Sep 2001 21:55:18

I just downloaded the upgrade from 7.02 to 7.04 and having problems
installing the upgrade.  When I start the installation it tells me that PSP
7.02 is already (it`s not).  I have tried rebooting...using enditall (to
make sure nothing but what was required was running) but to no avail.  Any
help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sue

How To from 7.02 to 7.04

Post by Bill Schnakenber » Sun, 02 Sep 2001 22:18:11

> I just downloaded the upgrade from 7.02 to 7.04 and having problems
> installing the upgrade.  When I start the installation it tells me that PSP
> 7.02 is already (it`s not).  I have tried rebooting...using enditall (to
> make sure nothing but what was required was running) but to no avail.  Any
> help would be appreciated.

> Thanks
> Sue

Did you uninstall PSP 7.02 first?

--
Bill - PSP and Media Center Plus Private Beta Tester
PSP Terrorist - D'Lanok de Caresk chapter - Anti-Troll Unit 235

How To from 7.02 to 7.04

Post by Larry Hul » Mon, 03 Sep 2001 08:34:42

On Sat, 01 Sep 2001 17:28:48 -0400, Bill Schnakenberg

>Good. I was just guessing....
>(shaking head No)
>(nodding yes)
>(shaking head No)
>(nodding yes)
>(shaking head No)
>(nodding yes)
>(doing my best Eddie Izzard impersonation) :-)

I think that was was one of the funniest routines I've ever seen in my
life.  :)  :(

How To from 7.02 to 7.04

Post by John C. Danielson, I » Mon, 03 Sep 2001 09:23:13

Um, the US-English is US and Canada only, yes.... (It does NOT mean US and
Queen's English, no. They might phrase it American and Canadian, but they
went with Microsoft's categorizing because of language packs. If you ever
want to go multinational, let me know and will tell you how to get language
packs if you tell me what version\flavor of windows you have if you have at
least Windows 98, and how to set your box up so it talks both kinds
correctly.(If I can talk someone through setting up a farsi\Chinese\English
Windows box this should not be hard.))

--
A reply to:

will definitely get answered, I just changed ISPs so other addresses might
error..

Quote:> Bill

> A little aside follows -
> My only gripe was the message on the download site that the US English
> version will not update the International English version, but no way of
> checking which version I had. I tried the US version, 11 meg download,
> didn't work, the international English upgrade did - 12 meg download. So
now
> I know that we (in Australia) get the international English version.

> Still the minor hassle has been more than repaid by the extra
functionality.
> Now to upgrade my old PC so that it will crunch those 38meg files.

> phil

How To from 7.02 to 7.04

Post by B. Haineaul » Mon, 03 Sep 2001 12:04:55

Bill,

For what it's worth, I installed the US 7.04 update over US 7.02 without any
problems. I did not need to remove 7.02

My system --> PIII-800 w/512MB running in Windows Me

Bruno,
Oceanside, California

>> Nope.....Should I?

> Yes.

>> > Did you uninstall PSP 7.02 first?

1. ? upgrading to versions 7.02 and 7.04

I purchased PSP Version 7.0.  Downloaded the upgrades to
version 7.02 and 7.04 but haven't installed either of them
yet.  Noticed they are extremely large files and am assuming
they are the full meal deal instead of just upgrades?  Do I
need to uninstall my purchased version (boxed CD with books)
to upgrade?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Also will
be purchasing the Anniversary Edition as soon as I get my $30
refund.  Will I need to delete all previous versions of PSP 7?
If so, might it just be better for me to wait for the
Anniversary Edition?

2. Graphics and Design

3. Have 7.02 why/how 7.04?

4. Authoring to POcket PC

5. PSP 7.02 upgrade to 7.04 problem MSVCP60.dll?

6. multiple plots

7. resizing with 7.02

8. Convert bmp to ico

9. Problem with PSP 7.02 Selection Tool