Mail reply problems (UUCP paths and return addresses)

Mail reply problems (UUCP paths and return addresses)

Post by Eugene N. Mi » Tue, 02 Jan 1990 18:03:00

Recently, I've read interesting articles or have received several pieces
of interesting mail.  Unfortunately, the return paths has been bad ones.
I've corresponded with other people (most recently Peter Neumann at
SRI) about this problem.  It only appears to be getting worse.  I feel
very bad about if someone sends me mail, and I can't get an answer to them.
For all of us: please figure out a return path or address if on the
Internet (in particular) and put it at the end of articles or mail
like a signature.

From the Rock of Ages Home for Retired Hackers:

  "Send mail, avoid follow-ups.  If enough, I'll summarize."
  {uunet,hplabs,hao,ihnp4,decwrl,allegra,tektronix}!ames!aurora!eugene

1. Mail System Error - Returned Mail

--===========================_ _= 5583801(127)

Your message was not delivered because the return address was refused.

--===========================_ _= 5583801(127)

--===========================_ _= 5583801(127)--

2. New Maya book: Sample chapter online; Probekapitel "Knubbelmaennchen"

3. same message as above, correct reply address

4. Where is grasshopper????

5. How to check if D3DDEVTYPE_HAL is available (with reply address)

6. help creating a wood screw...

7. correction return address MOVING SALE

8. What about Maya Render Speed

9. Gradient Use - Again w/ return address...

10. HELP! Return VXD Address @ Runtime

11. clipping path reply to Ash

12. e-mail replies to "contouring irregularly....."

13. Business Reply Mail Envelope Template