HELP PLEASE - trying to hook up old VGA monitor - need pin info

HELP PLEASE - trying to hook up old VGA monitor - need pin info

Post by Mack Goodm » Sun, 29 Mar 1992 04:16:19

I need some video hacker help.   I have a sort of non-standard "VGA"
monitor that was produced by TEK ( PCD13) a few years ago. The object for me
is to see if it can be used with a standard VGA card.

I called TEK and have the pins on the "9-pin" connector as follows:
1 red
2 green
3 blue
4 composite sync
5 Gain ( high , low)  " I'm not sure what this is  "
6,7,8,9 ground

Now I bought a 9pin to 15pin converter and that's not a problem

the pins on the card I'm trying is as follows:
1 red, 2 green, 3 blue
4 monitor type sense
5 ground
6,7,8, color grounds
9 no connection
10 sync ground
11 monitor type sense
12 monitor type sense
13 horizontal sync
14 vertical sync
15 no connection

The 9 to 15 adapter maps things as you would expect 1-1,2-2,3-3,but
4-13, 5-14, 6-6,7-7,8-8,9 to 10 and 11.

So when I just hook it up in this config. the monitor functions, but
with a constant vertical roll.

I can see the words and stuff but with a 3+ roll going on.

Does anyone out there have a suggestion to try??  It seems it's only
slightly off.

The monitor has composite sync   and the card puts out vertical and
horizontal sync.  Is there a way to match this up.   Thanks so
much for just reading all this......

Mack

1. VCR hook-up to VGA monitor

I'm posting this for a friend.  You guys are pretty tough out there - please
don't holler if this is posted to the wrong place.

He wants to know if a VCR tape can be projected on a VGA monitor, using
a Paradise graphics card.  Is this possible?  If so, what hardware/software
is needed?

Please send any responses to me via e-mail, and I'll pass them along.

Thanks.

2. SUN RELEASES JAVA 3D API SPECIFICATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT

3. VGA pin(s) carrying sound (my monitor causes sound output)

4. Something else I'd like to see

5. Help needed to find the part for Super VGA monitor

6. opengl drivers for win95

7. Need help with old personal iris monitor output specs/sync issues

8. Huge tBitmaps?

9. Help old ITI frame grabber info needed

10. Wacom Tablet Pin outs needed!please!

11. I need a notebook that can do more than 800x600 resolution on VGA monitor