One last note on the utah teapot

Post by John M. Ols » Thu, 02 Aug 1990 18:47:00

Just so I don't get hate mail, and you don't think your software is
broken:  The Utah teapot that I announced as being available for ftp
was designed with a hole in the bottom.  I had forgotten about this,
but was reminded by someone (Jean Favre?) who rendered it.

I think the reasoning behind this was that it helps when you are
checking things like front/back facing polygons and such on a new
piece of rendering software.  It *is* a test image, after all. :^)

 /|  |    /||| /\|       | John M. Olsen, 1547 Jamestown Drive

"Expressed expoundings are expressly the expressions of the expressor."