convert QT to GIF anim?

Post by Thomas Boudie » Tue, 13 Jan 1998 04:00:00

> Is there some easy way to convert QuickTime animations to GIF
> animations?

> I want to grab an animation of a section of my desktop (or of the
> contents of a window) and turn it into a GIF animation.

> `capture' lets me grab the animation, but it can only save as QT
> or SGI-anim.  How do I turn it into a GIF?  Is there, say, some way
> to extract each frame of a QT animation as an RGB or TIFF image?
> From there I could get to GIF...

> Any suggestions appreciated.  (This is on an O2 running 6.3.)

> --
> Jamie Zawinski         http://people.netscape.com/jwz/      about:jwz

  Hello Jamie,

If you have an O2 it should be easy :

Open MediaConvert and then convert your qt movie as a collection of
images, choose GIF format. You should have all your frames saved as a
gif image. Then use gif-merge (search for it on Internet) and then
simply run this command with your set of images, you can also set a
transparent color for your gif animation. Good luck.

    Thomas.

1. Convert GIF anim to IFF anim

Try using the built-in virtual memory of PPaint.

| Beta tester of Persistence of Vision 3.0 Amiga | #AmIrc and #AmigaIta      |
| Porter of AmiForge, GForge                     \---------------------------+
| Fantasy home page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Vault/4950              |
\____________________________________________________________________________/

2. Problem with stereo graphics

3. Convert .anim to QT?

4. HELP: Lost my Status Bar in PS 3.0 !

5. LW anim to anim gif?

6. !! Freeware for Visual Basic Programmers !!

7. Best Amiga .anim to QT converter?

8. US - AZ: C/S Systems Integrator

9. Gif Anim - Animated Gif Collection!

10. Gif Animation - Gif Anim!