High-level cross-platform API (Galaxy compatible)

High-level cross-platform API (Galaxy compatible)

Post by XonTe » Fri, 20 May 1994 08:50:18

We are looking for a third party high-level API to interface with
our low-level API (Galaxy, ParkPlace, or Neuron Data) to provide
graphical visualization functionality.  We do NOT want a fully
stand-alone product, but rather something which can be easily
controlled from a custom GUI application.  In addition the API
must be cross-platform-compatible, offering full functionality on
Suns, PCs, and Macs.  Something offering Display PostScript output
would be nice.

Does anyone know of such a beast?  We would be very grateful for
any information.

This article cross-posted to comp.graphics.visualization.

Mark Reeve

1. High-level cross-platform API (Galaxy compatible)

We are looking for a third party high-level API to interface with
our low-level API (Galaxy, ParkPlace, or Neuron Data) to provide
graphical visualization functionality.  We do NOT want a fully
stand-alone product, but rather something which can be easily
controlled from a custom GUI application.  In addition the API
must be cross-platform-compatible, offering full functionality on
Suns, PCs, and Macs.  Something offering Display PostScript output
would be nice.

Does anyone know of such a beast?  We would be very grateful for
any information.

Mark Reeve

2. Dual-Head Octane

3. Cross platform graphics APIs (Mac, Unix, Windows...)?????

4. 701 update problems

5. Cross Platform Sound API?

6. Flipped type in 3DSM

7. Cross platform graphics APIs (Mac, Unix, Windows...)?????

8. PADS98 CFP

9. Platform Independent High Level Graphics Toolkits

10. high level api 3d library

11. Higher level API