data visualization and analysis software?

data visualization and analysis software?

Post by Rod All » Wed, 21 Jun 1995 04:00:00

   I'm wanting recommendations for an MS-Windows-based data visualization
and analysis package.  My immediate need is to do plots and multi-regime
curve-fits of several (100+) similar 2-D datasets with 300-500 data each,
so beyond trustworthy results, speed and tedium reduction are important.
Beyond this, I'd use the same package for general plotting and analysis
on other tasks.  3-D plots might eventually be of some use; data acquisition
probably won't ever be; flexibility in data import (data delimiters) a plus.
This is more than I want to do with a spreadsheet.  I've used Origin be-
fore for similar work:  it was okay, but lack of an undo and some strange-
ness when graphics were exported (true at least of versions 2.x and 3.0)
make me want to at least look at alternatives.  Is Stanford Graphics still
slow and crashprone (haven't tried it since version 1.x)?  How about Delta-
Point?  Anything else worth knowing about?  Any magazine comparisons I
should look at?

Thank you,
Rod Alley

Hewlett Packard Company

Post by Mark Vaugh » Fri, 23 Jun 1995 04:00:00

[...]
]-
]-Thank you,
]-Rod Alley

]-Hewlett Packard Company
]-

You might want to look at Axum...should do all of what you've
mentioned...you can get more information from their web page

          http://www.trimetrix.com/trimetrix/

Mark Vaughan

Post by Charles V. Britt » Sat, 24 Jun 1995 04:00:00

: |>    I'm wanting recommendations for an MS-Windows-based data visualization
: |> and analysis package.  My immediate need is to do plots and multi-regime
You may want to consider JMPP from SAS Institute, Cary, NC. Great
visualisation tool.

Post by Rick Jon » Wed, 05 Jul 1995 04:00:00

>Newsgroups: comp.os.ms-windows.apps.misc,comp.graphics.visualization,comp.apps.spreadsheets
>Subject: Re: data visualization and analysis software?
>Date: 21 Jun 1995 07:29:55 GMT

>|>    I'm wanting recommendations for an MS-Windows-based data visualization
>|> and analysis package.  My immediate need is to do plots and multi-regime

Try taking a look at ASTUTE a statistical add-in for MS EXCEL. A full demo can
be downloaded from the Windows archive on CICA or the mirror sites.

Do a web search for ASTUTE.ZIP to find it.

The system allows you to use all the standard EXCEL data and plotting features
but provides a really easy to use user interface.

data visualization and analysis software?

Post by Weiting N » Fri, 07 Jul 1995 04:00:00

ewdelph.cig.mot.com!merlin!merlin!donaldb

>>Newsgroups: comp.os.ms-windows.apps.misc,comp.graphics.visualization,comp.apps.spreadsheets
>>Subject: Re: data visualization and analysis software?
>>Date: 21 Jun 1995 07:29:55 GMT

>Try taking a look at ASTUTE a statistical add-in for MS EXCEL. A full demo can
>be downloaded from the Windows archive on CICA or the mirror sites.

>Do a web search for ASTUTE.ZIP to find it.

>The system allows you to use all the standard EXCEL data and plotting features
>but provides a really easy to use user interface.

Be careful with Astute Demo.  It does not have a uninstall function and
only allow you to do 10 data points.  After found out that fact I had
difficult time to remove it, I had to delete entire excel and reinstall
it.

Weting