IFF file format

Post by Nicklas Ungm » Thu, 13 Sep 1990 19:39:41

Is there anybody who has documentation on the IFF file format?
I'm especially interested in the IFF graphics format on the Amiga.
If you don't have the documentation, a short description of the chunk
forms will be fine, thanx.

IFF file format

Post by GALE.. » Fri, 14 Sep 1990 02:24:28

Quote:> Is there anybody who has documentation on the IFF file format?
> I'm especially interested in the IFF graphics format on the Amiga.
> If you don't have the documentation, a short description of the chunk
> forms will be fine, thanx.

The Amiga ROM Kernel Reference Manual:  Includes and Autodocs gives a good,
indepth description of several IFF formats, including graphics IFF.  Also, the
Advanced System Programmer's Guide from Abacus books has a whole chapter
devoted to IFF.

If you don't feel like buying either of these books, then believe it or not,
there is an Amiga BASIC program on the Extras disk that loads IFF.  The program
is well documented.  I used it about a year ago to write a C program to load
and display IFF.  It's a good start for hacking, but I strongly recommend the
two above-mentioned books.

Please let me know if this helps.

-Ralph

PS:  For future reference, this probably should've been posted in comp.sys.amiga

IFF file format

Post by Zap Anderss » Thu, 20 Sep 1990 22:45:47

>> Is there anybody who has documentation on the IFF file format?
>> I'm especially interested in the IFF graphics format on the Amiga.
>> If you don't have the documentation, a short description of the chunk
>> forms will be fine, thanx.
>The Amiga ROM Kernel Reference Manual:  Includes and Autodocs gives a good,
>indepth description of several IFF formats, including graphics IFF.  Also, the
>Advanced System Programmer's Guide from Abacus books has a whole chapter
>devoted to IFF.
>If you don't feel like buying either of these books, then believe it or not,

There is a disk available from Electronic Arts that describes the IFF standard for sound, formatted text, and graphics. It is the official IFF standard with
source code, example programs and the like. I have it somewhere ;-) but....

Quote:>PS:  For future reference, this probably should've been posted in comp.sys.amiga

Perhaps....
--
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* My signature is smaller than  *

IFF file format

Post by Ron Peters » Sat, 22 Sep 1990 05:28:56

>> Is there anybody who has documentation on the IFF file format?
>> I'm especially interested in the IFF graphics format on the Amiga.
>> If you don't have the documentation, a short description of the chunk
>> forms will be fine, thanx.

The IFF docs and examples are available in electronic form on BIX (and
maybe on PeopleLink too.)  They can be downloaded from the Amiga
listings area.