Warning about a Seller of Clip Art

Post by Frederick W. Randa » Sat, 08 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Are you thinking about buying a clip art CD from these folks?

      COMPUTERS, By George!/New Software Direct
      <http://www.cd-rom-online.com>

Think again!
     Harken to my tale of woe on doing business with COMPUTERS,
By George!/New Software Direct (hereinafter referred to as
"CBG!/NSD").
     In March 96 I ordered three clip art CDs via the CBG!/NSD
home page. Received two of the CDs on 25 March. They were not as
described in the merchandise catalog at the CBG!/NSD home page.
One item in particular (#WB3124, "Clip Art Extravaganza") was
described as a "2-CD set with book" that included "20,000 pieces
of...clip art." T'was neither: it was one CD with no book and
apparently never was intended to have a book with it.
     I sent two e-mails to CBG!/NSD about my dissatisfaction
with the CDs. CBG!/NSD didnUt reply to either one.
     I returned the CDs to CBG!/NSD on 1 Apr 96 per their 10-day
return policy, with a cover letter asking for a refund credit to
my VISA card. I also sent them an e-mail regarding my return
action. I received a USPS return receipt card that indicated they
received the package on 4 Apr 96.
     Well, no credit for the return appears on my April VISA
statement. On 23 Apr 96 I call CBG!/NSD and talk with Chris
Davenport. He says he will ensure a credit is issued to me
immediately.
     Comes my May VISA statement and again, no credit for the
returned merchandise.
     Sooooo...
     if you're considering doing business with COMPUTERS, By
George!/New Software Direct, I strongly suggest you DO NOT!

--
Frederick W. Randall
Wordsmith and Alleged Graphic Artist

1. Warning About Seller of Clip Art

Are you thinking about buying a clip art CD from these folks?

      COMPUTERS, By George!/New Software Direct
      <http://www.cd-rom-online.com>

Think again!
     Harken to my tale of woe on doing business with COMPUTERS,
By George!/New Software Direct (hereinafter referred to as
"CBG!/NSD").
     In March 96 I ordered three clip art CDs via the CBG!/NSD
home page. Received two of the CDs on 25 March. They were not as
described in the merchandise catalog at the CBG!/NSD home page.
One item in particular (#WB3124, "Clip Art Extravaganza") was
described as a "2-CD set with book" that included "20,000 pieces
of...clip art." T'was neither: it was one CD with no book and
apparently never was intended to have a book with it.
     I sent two e-mails to CBG!/NSD about my dissatisfaction
with the CDs. CBG!/NSD didn't reply to either one.
     I returned the CDs to CBG!/NSD on 1 Apr 96 per their 10-day
return policy, with a cover letter asking for a refund credit to
my VISA card. I also sent them an e-mail regarding my return
action. I received a USPS return receipt card that indicated they
received the package on 4 Apr 96.
     Well, no credit for the return appears on my April VISA
statement. On 23 Apr 96 I call CBG!/NSD and talk with Chris
Davenport. He says he will ensure a credit is issued to me
immediately.
     Comes my May VISA statement and again, no credit for the
returned merchandise.
     Sooooo...
     if you're considering doing business with COMPUTERS, By
George!/New Software Direct, I strongly suggest you DO NOT!

P.S.  I am working with my VISA provider to obtain a chargeback.

--

2. Web image copy protection software - new version

3. ART art ART art ART ART ART ART ART WEB SITE

4. FS: Oxberry PC-35 Digital Film Recorder Camera

5. FFD algorithm

6. web art and clip art page?

7. Clip art- Vintage Valentine Art Collection

8. web art and clip art webpage?

9. clip art of a lighthouse I would like to get a clip art picture of a lighthouse. I want one

10. WARNING--Jeff Goins is a THIEF--WARNING