SGI - program crashes on resize ; ok on Sun

SGI - program crashes on resize ; ok on Sun

Post by Himanshu Goh » Fri, 17 Oct 1997 04:00:00

NOTE: Please remove XXX from my email address to reply directy!

Platform: SGI O2s (r10k/r5k), IRIX 6.3

Recently I've been getting core dumps from a GLUT based OpenGL program
when I resize the image from it's default size to MAX using the window
manager max button.

Core file produced gives this message in 'cvd' from a system routine:

Core from signal SIGSEGV: Segmentation violation
__glCrmSetReadBuffer(<stripped>) ["crm_context.c":726, 0x0da991a0]

Popup window says:

Unable to find file /xlv14/patches/1979/work/gfx/lib/opengl/CRIME/crm_context.c

Tested on 3 different SGI machines, all of them crash:

1. Bezier: Patch 1979 installed
2. NURBS:  Patch 1979 installed
3. Coons:  Patch 1795 installed

Same source code testd on Sun w/Mesa instead of OpenGL - no crash

Any ideas what could be happening?

NOTE: Please remove XXX from my email address to reply directy!

--

Geometric Modeling/Graphics Research Group, U of South Florida, Tampa,FL
Research Group URL: http://www.csee.usf.edu/graphics/

Post by Mark Kilga » Wed, 22 Oct 1997 04:00:00

writes:

|> Platform: SGI O2s (r10k/r5k), IRIX 6.3
|>
|> Recently I've been getting core dumps from a GLUT based OpenGL program
|> when I resize the image from it's default size to MAX using the window
|> manager max button.
|>
|> Core file produced gives this message in 'cvd' from a system routine:
|>
|> Core from signal SIGSEGV: Segmentation violation
|> __glCrmSetReadBuffer(<stripped>) ["crm_context.c":726, 0x0da991a0]
|>
|> Popup window says:
|>
|> Unable to find file
|> /xlv14/patches/1979/work/gfx/lib/opengl/CRIME/crm_context.c

|> Tested on 3 different SGI machines, all of them crash:
|>
|> 1. Bezier: Patch 1979 installed
|> 2. NURBS:  Patch 1979 installed
|> 3. Coons:  Patch 1795 installed
|>
|> Same source code testd on Sun w/Mesa instead of OpenGL - no crash
|>
|> Any ideas what could be happening?

I'd be interested in seeing your program if it is something
that you can email to me.  If you have a non-O2 SGI workstation
(say an Indy), you might verify that the bug happens only on
an O2.

The routine in question is an O2-specific OpenGL internal routine.
You are running the latest released O2 OpenGL patch, otherwise
I would recommend that you try upgrading.

If you email me the problem code, I'd be glad to help address
this bug for the next patch.  Can you also include the output
of "hinv" and "versions -n".  Thanks.

- Mark

1. SGI - program crashes on resize ; ok on Sun

[...]

2. Manual for GLAUX library?

3. Molecular Dynamics Display programs (SGI, Sun, etc.)

4. Help with Superpaint!!

5. Can't run Motif/glX program on Suns; OK on SGI!

6. Info request or pointer to-> whiteboarding, T.120 standard

7. OpenGL - Crashes in IDE - Runs OK in Windows

8. Portable Graphics or TGS Open Inventor

9. After all, SGI's customer support telephone line is OK.

10. sgi programs on non-sgi xwindows

11. W98 screen resize crash