Help: 3D FEA Vector Field Data

Post by Shyh-Kuang Ue » Fri, 23 Dec 1994 14:08:48

Hello everyone,

  I need 3D vector field data generated by Finite Element Method.

1. The meshes should be linear tetrahedra.
2. The number of cells should between 1,000 ~ 100,000.

  Could anybody here tell me where I can get the data ?

Thank you very much !

1. adjacency graph for FEA data, help needed

Hello,
  When visualizing Finite Element Analysis(FEA) data, the connectivities
among data cells are important information.

In the paper:
"Visibility Ordering Meshed Polyhedra" in ACM Tran. on Graphics, vol. 11
No. 2, April 1992, pp103-126, by Dr. Peter Williams,
the autor constructed an adjacency graph to represent the connectivities:

A data cell is represented as a vertex in the graph. If two cells
are adjacent, there is an edge added between their corresponding
vertices.

But he didn't say how to construct it efficiently.

My question is:
1. Are there any good methods to construct adjacency graphs ?
2. How fast( time complexity) ?
3. Where can we get the reference(s) ?

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

S.K. Ueng

ps.
  Base on my personal experience, this preprocessing step is slow,
especially when the data set is huge.

2. one more tapes will be new humble envelopes

3. Vector Field Data

4. Moroh problem

5. Looking for PC Demo

6. Request - 3D vector field visualization code .....

7. irregular 3D vector-field visualization

8. Visualize 3D vector field

9. software for 3D vector field

10. WANTED: field plotters (2D,3D, vector & scalar)

11. a routine for plotting 3D vector fields?