I'm looking for information on color science and computer graphics.
1) Could someone point me to software which converts between the various
color systems? For example, from "* wavelength, purity,
reflectance" to RGB?
How about between the Munsell colors and RGB or XYZ?
How about software which runs on, say, a Sun lets you navigate around
the different 3-d color spaces?
2) How about equations to provide the xy or RGB values for various black
body temperatures (when they say that a "G" star is yellow, I'd like
to be more specific....)
3) Where would I find specifications on the gamuts of specific color monitors
or tv sets? Are they all about the same, or is there significant
4) How would I calibrate a monitor? What do the "hue", "saturation", etc knobs
5) As I understand it, the color palatte of the IBM CGA standard is really
limited to 8 colors with 2 intensities of each. On the other hand,
the EGA standard allows for a "64 color palatte". Which 64 colors?
2 bits per primary?
6) What are good reference books for questions like these?
Thanks a lot for any help!
-Neal McBurnett, ihnp4!druhi!neal