Bartel's basis evaluation function

Post by Jeffry Nimero » Thu, 10 May 1990 09:03:30

Hello all,
        A little while ago, Richard Bartels posted an algorithm that calculated
the deBoor-Cox recurrance relation, and gave a method for calculating b-spline
curves based on the algorithm.  I have had some problems generalizing the
use of the evaluation algorithm to include NURBS patches.  If someone out there
can flip my light switch (so to speak), I would be most appreciative.  As of
today's date, I am calculating b-splines the old fashioned way.  I call
deBoor-Cox recursively and compute a summation.  This is tediously slow.  I am
just starting with curves and surfaces, and also would like to know if people
have a preference as to the "best" book for curve and surface basics.  I
have Farin, and Bartels, and can't decide which one to start to churn through.

-Jeff Nimeroff
.nosig

Bartel's basis evaluation function

Post by Spencer W. Thom » Sun, 13 May 1990 01:40:52

I like Farin's approach, as I think it gives a better intuitive
understanding of the form.  But, it takes him a while to get to
B-splines, and you have to be able to follow his math.

--

1. Basis matrix for Kochanek-Bartels spline.

Hi there spline gurus,
   Does anybody have a clue what the Basis matrix for the Kochanek-Bartels
spline is?
I've been trying to figure it out for ages. But to no avail.
Foley and Van Dam leave the solution as a problem in the back of the
Cubic curves chapter.  I am finding it a little difficult to figure it out.

If you e-mail me, I'll prepare all the results I have collected on cubic
splines, and mail them straight back to this group.

Thanx,
--

M=\QIF4<RD_2`I?E<T*BN2!O%W`C+B8WK"[W[L7R;#+!F.^I:O&!OB4K5=B)D

`
end

2. What do you think about hell?

3. Glowing with Max 2

4. Laws' basis functions

5. distributing points on bezier curve

6. NURBS basis function on SGI's

7. Worley's Cellular Basis Function

8. Buying software on evaluation basis?

9. Fast interpolation using radial basis functions

10. radial basis function

11. Derivative of B-Spline basis function..........