Using a PC version of the Matrox Millennium graphics card.

Using a PC version of the Matrox Millennium graphics card.

Post by Harry Werkm » Sun, 20 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Has anyone used a PC version of the Matrox Millennium graphics card in a
Mac by downloading the PCI Mac drivers, FlashROM updater and latest Mac
BIOS and 'flashing' or overwriting the PC code BIOS with the Mac BIOS.

Did it work and what's the performance compared to a IMS TwinTurbo 128M2P
(2Mb) video card.

The reason for the query is that the Mac version of the card is more
expensive than the PC version in Australia.

Regards,
Harry Werkman

Post by Timo Biesenba » Mon, 21 Apr 1997 04:00:00

>Has anyone used a PC version of the Matrox Millennium graphics card in a
>Mac by downloading the PCI Mac drivers, FlashROM updater and latest Mac
>BIOS and 'flashing' or overwriting the PC code BIOS with the Mac BIOS.

I've tried that, but it didn't work.
The card was not recognized at all. System diagnostic programs reported
EMPTY
pci slots, and the flasher program refused to work as did all other matrox
programs.
Maybe it is possible to plug the card into a pc and feed the pc-flasher
program a mac bios, but i dont think this will work.

Quote:>Did it work and what's the performance compared to a IMS TwinTurbo 128M2P
>(2Mb) video card.

>The reason for the query is that the Mac version of the card is more
>expensive than the PC version in Australia.

That's also true for germany. Plus, you dont get any mac cards here, while
shops are FULL with the pc versions.

1. Matrox Millennium for PC in Mac?

I have a 4 MB Millennium that I removed from a PC a while back. Since
the drivers for the Millennium for PowerMac are available, will this
card work in a Mac? If so, would it be faster than the built-in video in
a 7500/8500?

Aaron

2. 8-bit textures

3. using 2 graphics card in 1 pc.

4. Transferring transparency from Mac to PC

5. Problems with installing a matrox MGA card on PC-VL bus

6. m-saves

7. Matrox Millennium and Diamond Monster (3dfx)

8. HOW to set up opengl preferences im max 2.0

9. Matrox Millennium & low resolution modes

10. Bugs in Matrox Millennium

11. Matrox Millennium 3DFX

12. Matrox Millennium II

13. Matrox Millennium II Woes