Compiling RADIANCE under Linux

Post by Dongho Ki » Wed, 07 Nov 2001 10:47:36

I want to compile Radiance under RedHat Linux 7.1.
I executed
./makeall install
and selected Linux from the list.

But I got many errors, and it doesn't compile.
Does anybody know about what I should change?

Thanks.

Post by Georg Mischle » Wed, 07 Nov 2001 11:23:52

> I want to compile Radiance under RedHat Linux 7.1.
> I executed
> ./makeall install
> and selected Linux from the list.

> But I got many errors, and it doesn't compile.
> Does anybody know about what I should change?

> Thanks.

You are probably trying to compile an outdated version.
Get either the binaries or the sources of 3D1P20 from here:

  http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/pub/

Have fun!

-schorsch

Georg Mischler  --  simulations developer  --  schorsch at schorsch.com
+schorsch.com+  --  Lighting Design Tools  --  http://www.schorsch.com/

Compiling RADIANCE under Linux

Post by Dongho Ki » Wed, 07 Nov 2001 11:52:19

Thank you.
I didn't know about newer version.
I don't know why they are still linking old version on the web page...
I really appreciate your prompt help.

Dongho

Post by M0tt}G1we » Sat, 10 Nov 2001 17:11:36

>I want to compile Radiance under RedHat Linux 7.1.
>I executed
>./makeall install

        did you really type exactly that? I am not familiar with radiance
but that is not the usual way to compile in linux. In nothing else when
doing

make install

one has to be root.

Quote:>and selected Linux from the list.
>But I got many errors, and it doesn't compile. Does anybody know about what
>I should change?

        What were the errors?

--
Do I believe in God?
Does God believe in me?

1. Error compiling Radiance for Linux

Hello,
I have tried to compile Radiance for Linux (Redhat 6.1), but I get a few
error messages. I have also downloaded all patches.
Is there a precompiled Version of Radiance avaiable?
Thanks for help
Sebastian Hiller

2. Newbie question... (File Conversion.)

3. Compiling RADIANCE on a UP2000 running LINUX?

4. Freehand => PDF

5. Error compiling DEM2RAD for RADIANCE

6. Compiling Radiance 3R1P20 on SuSE 6.3

7. Radiance compile troubles

8. Trouble compiling Radiance

9. A question about Radiance and RedHat Linux 6.0

10. Radiance on Linux RH 5.1

11. radiance for linux