Plant and tree image generation

Post by Phil Drinkwat » Tue, 18 Jan 1994 05:24:01

I posted a message similar to this a few days ago, and, for those of you who
read the original one, the pictures are now available at moose.cs.indiana.edu
in pub/incoming. Read the file README.trees for details of the file names
etc.. For those of you who didnt read the original, read on...

I am a final year student who has been writing a program (as part of my final
year project) to produce realistic images of trees. I posted some questions on
this newsgroup a few months ago, and would like to thank everyone who helped
me, because I have now finished the program, which runs on a PC.

The reason I am writing is that I have produced some trees and a plant and was
wondering if anyone would be interested in viewing them and giving their
opinions. I have not seen the output from many other programs, so I have not
really got anything to compare them to.

I have rendered images of a palm tree, a Christmas tree, a few branches from a
'general' tree (which is, I think, very realistic) and a plant (like a potted
plant with dense folliage) called a 'tree of heaven'. If anyone is interested
in seeing them, look at the above FTP site. If you have problems
reading/getting them, write to me and I'll mail them to you. If you receive
them, send them to anyone you want to get their comments too.

Before you ask, the code is not available for release just yet. I believe that
the code and ideas in my project belong to the university, but I will try to
relase it in about May or June if they'll let me.

Thanks in advance,

Phil Drinkwater

1. Plant and tree image generation

I am a final year student who has been writing a program (as part of my final
year project) to produce realistic images of trees. I posted some questions on
this newsgroup a few months ago, and would like to thank everyone who helped
me, because I have now finished the program, which runs on a PC.

The reason I am writing is that I have produced some trees and a plant and was
wondering if anyone would be interested in viewing them and giving their
opinions. I have not seen the output from many other programs, so I have not
really got anything to compare them to.

I have rendered images of a palm tree, a Christmas tree, a few branches from a
'general' tree (which is, I think, very realistic) and a plant (like a potted
plant with dense folliage) called a 'tree of heaven'. If anyone is interested
in seeing them, I could send them through Email in just about any graphics
format requested. If you receive them, send them to anyone you want to get
their comments too.

If you want some, send Email to me telling me which one(s) and what format. I
will send the picture uuencoded.

Thanks in advance,

Phil Drinkwater

2. Me, My Maya's scene and BMRT

3. Mesa Point Size

4. Oxygen vs. Synergy II

5. Tree and plant image generation

6. Boundary model using Euler operator ?

7. Plant and re tree image generation

8. Tree and plant image generation

9. Pp lant and tree image generation