Netscape Color problems

Post by Jason Du » Mon, 03 Apr 1995 05:00:00

Hello,

   I have been having problems getting 256 color gifs to display properly
when my system is set to 8-bit color. I have followed the instructions in
the "inlined images FAQ 8.1b" exactly. I merged all of the graphics files
into one, and then created a custom palette. But, when I look at the
images in Netscape (b1, b2, and b3) the colors are not mapped properly.
When I set my monitor to 16-bit everything looks fine.

To see the problem for yourself, check out
<http://www.brown.edu/Students/Tang_Soo_Do/>.

The problem only occurs with the background image, not the normal ones. To
see the difference, switch between 16 and 8 bit color modes. If anyone has
some suggestions, please let me know.

--
Jason Duva