Converting ps to tiff or gif

Post by Aslak Gr?nflate » Sat, 20 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I'd appreciate any help on / pointers to,  ways to / software with which
to convert postscript files to gif or tiff (or any other standard bitmap
image format).

Please reply directly to my email account as well. Thanks.

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

Converting ps to tiff or gif

Post by CoM » Sat, 20 Jun 1998 04:00:00

(Aslak Gr?nflaten) wrote this article with "Mozilla 4.05 [en] (WinNT;
I)", on Fri, 19 Jun 1998 15:31:55 +0200 :

Quote:>I'd appreciate any help on / pointers to,  ways to / software with which
>to convert postscript files to gif or tiff (or any other standard bitmap
>image format).

Ghostscript with GSview (Freeware)
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/

/CoMa

--

http://www.algonet.se/~hubbabub/
ICQ : 1351964

Converting ps to tiff or gif

Post by Andrew Breche » Sat, 20 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I am looking to convert PS to GIF also.  I have GSView but the only
options for saving files appear to EPS and EPI formats.

I suppose I could just print it out and then scan it back in again but
there's gotta be a better way...

-Andrew

> (Aslak Gr?nflaten) wrote this article with "Mozilla 4.05 [en] (WinNT;
> I)", on Fri, 19 Jun 1998 15:31:55 +0200 :

> >I'd appreciate any help on / pointers to,  ways to / software with which
> >to convert postscript files to gif or tiff (or any other standard bitmap
> >image format).

> Ghostscript with GSview (Freeware)
> http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/

> /CoMa

> --

> http://www.algonet.se/~hubbabub/
> ICQ : 1351964
> ============
> Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Converting ps to tiff or gif

Post by CoM » Sun, 21 Jun 1998 04:00:00

(Andrew Brecher) wrote this article with "Mozilla 4.04 [en] (Win95; I)",
on Fri, 19 Jun 1998 13:43:55 -0400 :

Quote:>I am looking to convert PS to GIF also.  I have GSView but the only
>options for saving files appear to EPS and EPI formats.

>I suppose I could just print it out and then scan it back in again but
>there's gotta be a better way...

Yes, use the "Print" option Andrew. You can convert
your PS file to a PNG, PCX, JPG, BMP or a TIFF file
if you use the "print to file" option. Then you convert
the PNG/PCX/JPG/BMP/TIFF file to a GIF file.

You can use "Ifranview" as your converter/viewer
http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9227474/
(Freeware)

/CoMa

--

http://www.algonet.se/~hubbabub/
ICQ : 1351964
============
No matter how much you wish and worry,
Your past will never get any better!!!

Converting ps to tiff or gif

Post by SCG » Sun, 21 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> I'd appreciate any help on / pointers to,  ways to / software with which
> to convert postscript files to gif or tiff (or any other standard bitmap
> image format).

> Please reply directly to my email account as well. Thanks.

>     ---------------------------------------------------------------

>                              Name: vcard.vcf
>             Part 1.2         Type: text/x-vcard
>                          Encoding: 7bit

I assume you are talking about Encapsulated PostScript files. You may be
able to import them into CorelDraw using the Interpreted PostScript
filter and then exporting as gif or tiff.
--
Visit our websites at:
http://www.comnet.ca/~creek

Please remove the "x" in our email address when replying.

1. Batch converting TIFF to PS (DOS or Windows)

Hi,

We are looking for some tool to convert TIFF files into PostScript files,
preferably in batch.
I tried to locate the MSDOS equivalent of TIF2PS (or TIFF2PS), but they
seem to be non-existent.
(I also tried to port a unix version, but that didn't work)

Can someone direct us to such a tool, please?

Thanks.

2. TIFF,PCX,WMF->BMP source pgms

3. Converting .ps to PICT or TIFF?

4. How To Store Points in a Dynamic Array of Record Type

5. Convert CalComp CCGL to ps/TIFF?

6. Your opinion, please, on ULEAD customer service (long)

7. GIF->TIFF & TIFF->GIF

8. request C code-NETPBM for PICT/TIFF/PS to GIF

9. .PS to .gif/.jpeg/.tiff - anything converter

10. Convert TIFF to GIF

11. converting from tiff to gif or jpeg

12. Help! Convert gif/tiff to cgm