PC Illustrator files to a MAC?

Post by sshel.. » Fri, 08 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I have a client who is using Adobe Illustrator 7.0 on a PC. He has given
me some Illustrator files (non eps) to try to open. I can open quite a
few of them using Adobe Illustrator 8.0 on a MAC but there are some that
I can't open. I get a message that says "Illegal Operand". See
http://www.onepixel.com/problem for the full dialog box message. There
are no embedded photos, just illustrations and some type. What does he
need to do to make it work?

Thanks,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

PC Illustrator files to a MAC?

Post by PrintConcept » Fri, 08 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hmmm....that should work. Perhaps the files got corrupted. Do the
illustrations use any complex graphics or blended objects? Maybe he should
just save them as eps files and resend them.

Jim

>I have a client who is using Adobe Illustrator 7.0 on a PC. He has given
>me some Illustrator files (non eps) to try to open. I can open quite a
>few of them using Adobe Illustrator 8.0 on a MAC but there are some that
>I can't open. I get a message that says "Illegal Operand". See
>http://www.onepixel.com/problem for the full dialog box message. There
>are no embedded photos, just illustrations and some type. What does he
>need to do to make it work?

>Thanks,

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

1. Illustrator file from PC to Mac

Does anybody know how to open a ".ai" file made in Illustrator with a pc

on a mac ?
I used Transmac to save my file on a mac-formated disk from my pc but
when I try to open it on the mac (with Illustrator), it doesn't work....

Help !

2. Selection using Back Buffer

3. WP PC files to Mac Illustrator

4. Getting a Quadro by Modified GeForce 256, Method and Test Results

5. The SCENE Advocate Program!

6. Urgent: mac to pc to mac file conversion

7. Illustrator?Mac to Pc Preview

8. Mac Illustrator-->PC Corel??

9. Illustrator (mac) -> Corel Draw (pc)

10. Illustrator fil from PC to Mac

11. Does Illustrator for PC have same features as Mac version