Maths library required for fundamental graphics

Maths library required for fundamental graphics

Post by TU » Wed, 15 Feb 1995 20:01:49

Dear News reader,

I am looking out for a shareware graphics library on DOS (in C or C++) for
simple computations as follows :
- Given two points form a line equation.
- Given three points form an arc equation.
- Given 2 end points and the centre point form an arc equation.
- Given 2 end points and radius and direction form the arc equation.
- Given the centre and radius form an circle equation.
- Find the intersection of :
        Two lines, Line and arc, Two arcs, Line and circle and so on.
- Find a tangent to an arc or a circle at a given point.
- Find whether a point lies on a line or on an arc or on a circle.
- Find the perpendicular distance between a point and a line.
- Given a line and a point on the line, get a line perpendicular to that line.
- Given two lines state whether they are co-linear.
- Given two arcs state whether thay are co-arc.

These are the kind of computations I need to perform. I am basically looking
for a library that supports this, but I am also interested in studying the
same. Hence it will be extremely helpful if I can get the source code also.
This will also help me if I need to do any modifications.

You can mail your reply to me at the following internet address :

This being a group account please specify "ATTN : MANISH" in the subject.
Thanks a lot.

Manish (Bombay - India).

1. 3D Solid Modeling Graphics Libraries Required

I am looking for the following:

A graphics library (either C or C++, either binary or source), which
contains routines for doing the following solid modeling operations:

-> union, subtraction, intersection

Objects are 3D, possibly convex, possibly with holes, but without
curves.

Note I am not looking for a standalone solid modeler, but rather a
library which I can link to (SunOS and Solaris, if source not included).

3D rendering features are not required either.

We require something robust, and efficient.

If anyone can point me towards a package, either commercial or in
the public domain, I would be most grateful.

Thank you.

Nicholas Swart

2. Graphics on Symbolics Hardware

3. PD graphics library required

4. AVIRSRC and Playing AVI direct from Database...

5. 3D Solid Modeling Graphics Libraries Required

6. new graphics community

7. PD graphics library required

8. FUNDAMENTALS OF COMPUTER GRAPHICS

9. Fundamentals of Interactive Computer Graphics

10. Fundamental C++ Graphics Question

11. Help required with mystery library ‘ccvdil.lib’.

12. 3d graphics without Maths (Re: Optimizing beyond Flights of Fantasy)