Difference between *.emf and *.wmf?

Post by c.nei.. » Tue, 26 May 1998 04:00:00

Hallo Experts!

I have the task to add a corel draw 7-file into a text of winword 97.
To avoid problems I usually save the files as *.wmf and add them without
complications. I do this also with power point figures.

Now I have seen that there is another file-option called
 "enhanced windows meta file". Using this file in winword the results
were less satisfying in my case.

When do you suggest me to use "enhanced" *emf-Files for my figures?

Thanks in advance!

Carsten

1. Difference between *.wmf and *.emf-file?

Hallo Experts!

I have the task to add a corel draw 7-file into a text of winword 97.
To avoid problems I usually save the files as *.wmf and add them without
complications. I do this also with power point figures.

Now I have seen that there is another file-option called
 "enhanced windows meta file". Using this file in winword the results
were less satisfying in my case.

When do you suggest me to use "enhanced" *emf-Files for my figures?

Thanks in advance!

Carsten

P.S.: Why are there no newsgroups especially dealing with ms-office-subjects?
Can you give me a hint where to look at?

2. Help Compiling Gnuplot under Windows

3. Again: Problem with EMF scale in Win 2000, now with code to create EMF/WMF

4. Painting by numbers?

5. wmf & emf file formats

6. Pipes Screen Saver Source Code

7. Source to make emf/wmf files

8. pix

9. BMP or ICO to emf or wmf

10. In Search of a vector EMF or WMF viewer/add-in

11. WMF and/or EMF documentation?

12. EMF/WMF/EPS

13. EMF,WMF