dial/buttons box from Personal Iris on O2?

dial/buttons box from Personal Iris on O2?

Post by John R. Pan » Thu, 31 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Would an O2 recognize a dial and buttons box from a Personal Iris?
Would there be any problems in making the serial connection?

TIA

John

--

Department of Psychology
University of Louisville

http://www.louisville.edu/~jrpani01/

dial/buttons box from Personal Iris on O2?

Post by Ken Murchiso » Thu, 07 Jan 1999 04:00:00

John,

The D&B will work fine, once you make the appropriate serial adapter.
The O2 uses standard "PC-type" pinouts, where the PI uses non-standard
pinouts.  Read the serial(7) man page for the specifics.  As an
alternative, I believe SGI sells outrageously priced adapters for D&B,
modems, etc.  Check your price book or with your reseller for details.

Hope this helps,
Ken

> Would an O2 recognize a dial and buttons box from a Personal Iris?
> Would there be any problems in making the serial connection?

> TIA

> John

> --

> Department of Psychology
> University of Louisville
> Louisville, KY 40292

> http://www.louisville.edu/~jrpani01/

--
Kenneth Murchison          Oceana Matrix Ltd.
Software Engineer          21 Princeton Place

http://www.oceana.com      716-662-8973 x26

Post by Alexis Cousei » Thu, 07 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> Would an O2 recognize a dial and buttons box from a Personal Iris?

Yes -- with proper cabling and the drivers installed. man serial has
both pinouts, so you can use your old cable to figure out the cable.

Quote:> Would there be any problems in making the serial connection?

Not if you make a new cable. The drivers are in eoe.sw.optinput.

--
Alexis Cousein                  For Belgium:
Systems Engineer                Interested in our forthcoming

1. Personal Iris Dial & Button Problems

We have 3 personal iris's, which work fine with the exception that the dial
and button boxes keep flashing the led's at about 1/2 second intervals and
obviously do not work.  All 3 are the same,  these machines have not been
used for 6 months due to other NT machines being used on the latest
project.  I feel that it is a configuration problem.

Does anyone have any ideas how to cure the problem.

many thanks in anticipation.

Paul

2. REQ: forklifter 3ds model needed!!

3. Pinout Dial and Button Box

4. Digimation Bones Pro 3 - Convert 2 Box-tool

5. dial/button box

6. When will POV-Ray 3.0 (OS/2) PM be released?

7. FA: IBM 8-Dial Dial Box

8. Smooth curves on an IRIS 4D, Personal IRIS

9. Dial-and-Buttons and diald

10. SGI Buttons & Dials

11. SGI Dials & Buttons in Motif