fonts i am soooo confused

Post by Kim Marquar » Thu, 23 Sep 1999 04:00:00

am new to this newsgroup and to psp5   how do i install different fonts into
my system so that i can view them------also---how do i install tubes---any
tutorial sites would be appreciated

Kim
www.geocities.com/marquart99/
www.geocities.com/blondieohio/

If you have ICQ you can message me. My ICQ#:39919062
Or visit my Personal ICQ Homepage: http://members.icq.com/39919062
My current status is:
If you don't have ICQ you can page me through my Personal Communication
Center: http://wwp.icq.com/39919062 (go there and try it!)
Or
You can send me a regular e-mail to my EmailExpress address:

If you want to add me to your Contact List click Add Me
Download ICQ at http://www.icq.com/
Include your ICQ details in YOUR e-mail signature:
http://www.icq.com/emailsig.html
My Home Telephone Number is: 419-365-8011
kim marquart

fonts i am soooo confused

Post by Aislin » Thu, 23 Sep 1999 04:00:00

There was a long thread somewhere down there about installing fonts, but
here it is in a nutshell:

Download the font.  If it is zipped, unzip it.  Make sure to read the
readme.txt file, since different font creators have different terms.

Open up your control panel, and double-click on "Fonts".  Go to file, and
"Install New Font".  Point it to whatever folder you unzipped the font to.
Install.

However, some people (me included) have been able to just drag and drop
fonts into the folder and had no problems.

As for tubes, try http://www.northnet.com.au/~robrow/tubes/tubes.htm

Good luck!
~Aislinn

--
Aislinn's Inspirations
http://aislinn.itgo.com

> am new to this newsgroup and to psp5   how do i install different fonts
into
> my system so that i can view them------also---how do i install tubes---any
> tutorial sites would be appreciated

> Kim
> www.geocities.com/marquart99/
> www.geocities.com/blondieohio/

> --
> If you have ICQ you can message me. My ICQ#:39919062
> Or visit my Personal ICQ Homepage: http://members.icq.com/39919062
> My current status is:
> If you don't have ICQ you can page me through my Personal Communication
> Center: http://wwp.icq.com/39919062 (go there and try it!)
> Or
> You can send me a regular e-mail to my EmailExpress address:

> If you want to add me to your Contact List click Add Me
> Download ICQ at http://www.icq.com/
> Include your ICQ details in YOUR e-mail signature:
> http://www.icq.com/emailsig.html
> My Home Telephone Number is: 419-365-8011
> kim marquart

fonts i am soooo confused

Post by Ann Coo » Sat, 25 Sep 1999 04:00:00

If I could add one word of advice.  Ok, more thank one word...  If you think
you may become a font geek like happened to me, invest in a font manager
program.  I have heard horror stories that if you install too many fonts
into the Windows font group, you may blow up your system.  I use a program
called Printer's Apprentice (shareware $25).  I like it because you can put
the fonts into groups, and view both installed & uninstalled fonts.  If you
find an uninstalled font that you want to use, you can just install that
specific font.  Very easy to use, and not that expensive.  You can find more
information about it at http://www.loseyourmind.com/pa70.htm

HTH,
Ann

> am new to this newsgroup and to psp5   how do i install different fonts
into
> my system so that i can view them------also---how do i install tubes---any
> tutorial sites would be appreciated

> Kim
> www.geocities.com/marquart99/
> www.geocities.com/blondieohio/

> --
> If you have ICQ you can message me. My ICQ#:39919062
> Or visit my Personal ICQ Homepage: http://members.icq.com/39919062
> My current status is:
> If you don't have ICQ you can page me through my Personal Communication
> Center: http://wwp.icq.com/39919062 (go there and try it!)
> Or
> You can send me a regular e-mail to my EmailExpress address:

> If you want to add me to your Contact List click Add Me
> Download ICQ at http://www.icq.com/
> Include your ICQ details in YOUR e-mail signature:
> http://www.icq.com/emailsig.html
> My Home Telephone Number is: 419-365-8011
> kim marquart

1. TAN: I am very confused.

If news groups are so freaking hard to create, if so much justification,
voting
etc. has to go into the creation of one, how come, can someone please
tell me,
that there is an alt.john-denver.dead.dead.dead? And that the first
message
is dated the 14th of October!

I didn't vote on some of the NGs spoken of here, because A) I didn't
know there was a vote going on and B) if I had I wouldn't have known how

to cast a vote. I know I have to put in some research time learning how
vote, (exactly the way I want to spend MY free time). The bloody rules
on
voting are a book and besides I have trouble balancing on my head and
whistling
dixie doodle at the same time.

But still, can anyone explain, in words of 2 syllables, how such a news
group
got up so quick?

--
Skip Horni

http://www.cybertron.com/~cjh/
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Studios/7766/

2. lighting in PS5

3. i am confused

4. FREE!! low polygon character modeling tutorial online FREE!!

5. I am confused!

6. Maya beta 3 & final version?

7. Architects: MAX or VIZ??? (I am confused)

8. 3d mechanical objects

9. fonts in AM (Hash)

10. Fonts for A.M. P.M. in a book

11. PI6 Fonts again, am I losing my mind?

12. QD 3D, why are the models soooo big.