ogldebug(32) with Cosmo3D

Post by John Pric » Thu, 22 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I'm trying to use ogldebug to debug some OpenGL/Cosmo3D hybrid code, but
everytime I run it I get the following:

ogldebug: Could not set semaphores.
ogldebug: Bad address
ogldebug: Error in init.c (lib side), line 102.
ogldebug: Could not create shared context.
ogldebug: Bad address
ogldebug: Error in init.c (lib side), line 269.

and then it hangs.

I have tried it using 'ogldebug' and 'ogldebug32' (this is n32 code),
but it's the same no matter what.
I've also tried using 'ogldebug' on Mark K.'s Textured Fonts code
(txfdemo) as a baseline. I have to hard link it with libglut.a, but it
looks like it works fine. ogldebug comes up, but halts as soon as it
tries to make the context current.

Any hints as to why it isn't working?

--
John Price
CHI Systems

ogldebug(32) with Cosmo3D

Post by Rob Jenkin » Wed, 28 Jan 1998 04:00:00

ogldebug sometimes hhas problems like this with some apps, performer
apps using shared memory are one example. This little script can
sometimes clear up old semaphores that stop it working:

#!/bin/csh -f

foreach type (m s)
    foreach thing (`ipcs -$type | tail +3 | grep -v : | awk '{print
$2}'`)
        echo ipcrm -$type $thing
             ipcrm -$type $thing
    end
end

Also, make sure you give ogldebug the full path of the executable you
want to trace. The stopping on a context create is default isn't it, it
should carry on if you hit run or step. I think ogldebug will get more
rugged soon

Cheers
Rob

> I'm trying to use ogldebug to debug some OpenGL/Cosmo3D hybrid code, but
> everytime I run it I get the following:

> ogldebug: Could not set semaphores.
> ogldebug: Bad address
> ogldebug: Error in init.c (lib side), line 102.
> ogldebug: Could not create shared context.
> ogldebug: Bad address
> ogldebug: Error in init.c (lib side), line 269.

> and then it hangs.

> I have tried it using 'ogldebug' and 'ogldebug32' (this is n32 code),
> but it's the same no matter what.
> I've also tried using 'ogldebug' on Mark K.'s Textured Fonts code
> (txfdemo) as a baseline. I have to hard link it with libglut.a, but it
> looks like it works fine. ogldebug comes up, but halts as soon as it
> tries to make the context current.

> Any hints as to why it isn't working?

> --
> John Price
> CHI Systems

Silicon Graphics, Mtn View, California, USA