Image Mapping in POV - Please advise

Post by Dolph » Sun, 26 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Anyone out there know how to make a mapped image more
vibrant? For some reason the mapped image get kinda dark
and dull, I'd like to brighten it up a big with POV, I
don't want to mess with the original.

-Dolphin

Image Mapping in POV - Please advise

Post by Greg Garget » Mon, 27 Nov 1995 04:00:00

do you have the ambient turned all they up (1.0)?

Greg

Image Mapping in POV - Please advise

Post by Jon Bernd » Tue, 28 Nov 1995 04:00:00

As I recall, you must use the "ambient" keyword. In your image construct
try something like this:

========================

#declare Scene_Ambience = 0.3
#declare Scene_Diffuse  = 0.6

#declare My_Pigment =
  pigment {
    image_map {
      gif "canvas.gif"
      }
  }

#declare My_Texture =
  texture {
    pigment { My_Pigment }
    finish  { ambient Scene_Ambience diffuse Scene_Diffuse}
  }

=========================

I _think_ this may help you. Experiment with different values for the
Scene_Ambience variable.

Jon

1. Help please re POV Image map

Using POV 3.1 for Windows under Windows 95

The problem I have is that I am trying to put an image on the side of an
object as a single instance. What I get is the image as I want it and a
"reverse" image coming out of the far side of the object.
The questions I have are
a)  Is this what is supposed to be happening under POV (or is my copy
slightly iffy) ?
b)  If this is the way it works, does anyone know how to stop the process at
the first surface it encounters on the object.

This seems to me to be a common requirement
  e.g.  a company logo on the side of a truck
I feel that I must be missing the point completely somewhere.  All help
gratefully received.
Bob Frew

2. Bounding box contain sphere test?

3. POV and cylindrical mapping, PLEASE HELP

4. NT-->Power PC via SCSI

5. POV-Ray:Image mapping over multipule surfaces

6. screen capture

7. POV-Ray image mapped onto sphere colors washed out

8. Scenes wanted

9. POV: Image maps onto individual triangles of a mesh

10. POV height_field and image map

11. Image map problem in POV

12. pov image maps n' filtering

13. POV and Image Maps