Compiling Inventor with Gnu g++

Post by J Maxfie » Thu, 02 Dec 1993 01:44:41

Hi All,

Has anyone tried to compile an Inventor program with Gnu g++ (version 2.4) on
an SG Indigo ? If so could you let me know what options you used... I get
loads of warnings and errors even with the -traditional option...

I cannot use the standard SGI CC compiler, because our latest version of CC
appears to have problems compiling Inventor unless the -v2 option
is specified. Unfortunately using -v2 means I cannot use C++ templates
which are used extensively in the code. Basically I can't compile both
Inventor code and C++ templates using the lastest version of the CC
compiler. Thus I am looking at Gnu g++.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
John

p.s. FYI S/W Versions are :

     +----------+----------------+
     | CC       | Version 2.1.1  |
     | Inventor | Version 1.0.1  |
     | IRIX     | Version 4.0.5H |
     +----------+----------------+

1. Compiling Inventor under G++ 2.3.3

I am trying to compile some Inventor sample programs under G++ 2.3.3
and can't seem to get the right combination of flags to do the trick.
Has anyone succeeded in the attempt?

The whole reason for using G++ is for the nice GDB debugging features
in the EMACS environment including automatic name demangling and
number of other features.

If anyone has any better ideas for nice C++ debugging in the EMACS
environment suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

--
-------------------------------
Travis L. Hilton               |

Department of Computer Science |
Computer Graphics Laboratory   |
Brigham Young University       |
-------------------------------

2. clipping in C++ HELP!

3. how to compile an open inventor with GNU

4. OT: Why to negatives have that orange tint?

5. Compiling Opent Inventor 2.0 with GNU C++

6. new version??

7. Gnu G++ and OpenInventor on SGI

8. I want those neat ASCII graphics that you have!

9. OpenInventor & Gnu g++

10. How to Compile OpenInventor programs using g++

11. L-system software now compiles with G++

12. using g++ to compile alias plug-ins

13. Inventor and Ariel's G++ ?