quicktime -> avi converter for mac

Post by Shiloh Heuri » Thu, 31 Oct 1996 04:00:00

i have several quicktime movies which i would like to convert to avi format
in order to import them into a windows package called Multimedia Toolbook.
It is possible to use a windows converter, but i would prefer a mac based
one (i'm running softwindows, so speed is an issue). Also, if there is a
package which would let me alter compression settings before or after
converting, that would be greatly appreciated.

Post by Steve Tedd » Sun, 03 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> i have several quicktime movies which i would like to convert to avi format
> in order to import them into a windows package called Multimedia Toolbook.
> It is possible to use a windows converter, but i would prefer a mac based
> one (i'm running softwindows, so speed is an issue). Also, if there is a
> package which would let me alter compression settings before or after
> converting, that would be greatly appreciated.

Converting movies
Macintosh
To convert AVI movies to QuickTime (or vice versa), you1ll want to get a
copy of Microsoft1s Video for Windows Converter.
<ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/developr/drg/Multimedia/Jumpstart/VfW11-Mac/v...>
You can also get it from Microsoft1s WINMM CompuServe forum (qtavi.sit),
from the book Desktop Video Studio (see QUICKTIME RESOURCES: PRINT), and
from Microsoft1s free VFW Jumpstart CD (if you don1t mind waiting six
weeks) ? send email to

Post by Darren Gil » Thu, 07 Nov 1996 04:00:00

>i have several quicktime movies which i would like to convert to avi format
>in order to import them into a windows package called Multimedia Toolbook.
>It is possible to use a windows converter, but i would prefer a mac based
>one (i'm running softwindows, so speed is an issue). Also, if there is a
>package which would let me alter compression settings before or after
>converting, that would be greatly appreciated.

There's some good information on QT/AVI conversions on our web page, at
http://www.terran-int.com -- check in the Tips section.

Best of luck,

- Darren

Darren Giles, Technical Director                   Terran Interactive, Inc.
For info on Cleaner QuickTime compression, visit http://www.Terran-Int.com

1. Quicktime<>AVI Converter???

Hi everybody,

I tried to find a Quicktime<>AVI converter for Mac but without success.  I
urgently need to convert a Quicktime movie or a pict sequence to an avi
movie!  Is there a tool outside which does exactly that for me or do you
have any ideas how to manage that?  It's really URGENT!!!

thanks a lot in advance
tom 8)

-=> ...               Sculpt Works                ... <=-
-=> ...             Thomas Lippitsch              ... <=-
-=> ...             munich - GERMANY              ... <=-

2. camera

3. w: converter Quicktime -> AVI or MPEG

4. Displacement Problem?????

5. Mac QuickTime to AVI converters??

6. dial & buttonbox events

7. Mac Quicktime to AVI converter needed ASAP!!!

8. general cubic spline algorithm (bis)

9. FLI->MPEG->Quicktime->AVI???

10. AVI->MAC Converter

11. AVI to Quicktime Converter??