***HELP*** Please help with system error

***HELP*** Please help with system error

Post by anonymo » Wed, 17 Apr 1996 04:00:00

To anyone who can help. My power macintosh 8100/80 has displayed a message
saying the internal memory check has found a problem. The message comes up
while loading extensions. I have started off the system CD, erased my
extensions, started up from other disks, and it still occurs. I would be
very grateful for any advice/software/sites that could help me. I am an
advanced mac user and have tried all of the well known tricks. Thank you
in advance.
Sincerely
jp

Post by Jesse Ros » Thu, 18 Apr 1996 04:00:00

>To anyone who can help. My power macintosh 8100/80 has displayed a message
>saying the internal memory check has found a problem. The message comes up
>while loading extensions. I have started off the system CD, erased my
>extensions, started up from other disks, and it still occurs. I would be
>very grateful for any advice/software/sites that could help me. I am an
>advanced mac user and have tried all of the well known tricks. Thank you
>in advance.
>Sincerely
>jp

   When the Mac starts up, before it loads the system or any extentions,
it does a memory check. If an error is found, it generally means that
there is a hardware problem.

   You don't say how much memory is installed, but I'm assuming you've got
some additional SIMMS in there. Try systematically removing them and
seeing if you can find the bad one. Remove half your SIMMS and restart. If
it works, one of the ones you removed was bad. If it doesn't, put them
back and remove the rest. You should be able to narrow it down to the bad
one. (Hopefully there's only one).

Hope this helps.

--
Jesse Rosen                          http://www.gmx1.com/users/jrosen

Post by Daniel Forslu » Fri, 19 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> To anyone who can help. My power macintosh 8100/80 has displayed a message
> saying the internal memory check has found a problem. The message comes up
> while loading extensions. I have started off the system CD, erased my
> extensions, started up from other disks, and it still occurs. I would be
> very grateful for any advice/software/sites that could help me. I am an
> advanced mac user and have tried all of the well known tricks. Thank you
> in advance.
> Sincerely
> jp

You may have done this, but I must ask:
Have you started from a system disk without eliminating the problem ?
If so, my educated guess would be that you do have a memory-related
problem. Try replacing your RAM with simms known to be good.

Good luck !
/Daniel

.

1. PLEASE HELP HELP HELP PLEASE HELP

HELP!!!!

All of the sudden when trying to use my Kais power tools and Aldus
Gallery Effects on even the SMALLEST image it saya that It has
insufficent memory(RAM) to perform the operation. This started
happening all of the sudden with NO system changes made by myself.
I am running Photoshop 3.0.4 with win 95 and the updates to ensure
compatibility with 16 bit plugins. My Alien Skin filters seem to work
as do the Standard Photoshop filters

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!!!!

Thanks in advance
Lenny Terenzi

2. matrix math and 3ds files

3. HELP -Maya Error -check system clock ???

4. Micrografx Designer and SCODOL Files

5. Help Please,,,,Please Help

6. TPrinter question

7. PLEASE HELP ME -- Scratch Memory full -- PLEASE HELP!

8. bad table index?

9. Looking For Help....Please - please-help.doc [1/1]

10. Graphic computing system (Please help me)

11. PLEASE help me with my new system!

12. working with a left-handed coordinate system in GL (please help)