Generic Scanner Copying Utility

Post by Craig L. Stevens » Sun, 01 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I have an HP scanner that came with a handy litle copying utility that
makes it easy to use your scanner and printer as a makeshift copy machine.
I also use it when I need to fax hardcopy. Instead of scanning to a file
and then having to open that file in some program to print it, the HP copy
utility just prints (or faxes) a copy. Yes it's slower than either a
dedicated copier or a fax machine, but it's still simple to use.

A friend wanted a scanner mainly for faxing but instead of getting one of
the scanners I recommended (the Paperport-like ones) she bought a Mustek
flatbed. It did not come with a quick and easy copy utility.

Anyone know of a copy utility that can be used with a Mustek scanner? The
HP copier app wouldn't recognize her scanner.

Generic Scanner Copying Utility

Post by Phil Ro » Mon, 02 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> I have an HP scanner that came with a handy litle copying utility that
> makes it easy to use your scanner and printer as a makeshift copy machine.
> I also use it when I need to fax hardcopy.
[snip]
>  Anyone know of a copy utility that can be used with a Mustek scanner? The
> HP copier app wouldn't recognize her scanner.

I've been interested in finding a copy utility for my Agfa StudioScan II.
So, I hope Craig's request will turn up one that will work with the Agfa
scanners.

--
Phil Rose

Post by Ja » Mon, 02 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I have an HP scanner that came with a handy litle copying utility that
>makes it easy to use your scanner and printer as a makeshift copy machine.
>I also use it when I need to fax hardcopy. Instead of scanning to a file
>and then having to open that file in some program to print it, the HP copy
>utility just prints (or faxes) a copy. Yes it's slower than either a
>dedicated copier or a fax machine, but it's still simple to use.
>A friend wanted a scanner mainly for faxing but instead of getting one of
>the scanners I recommended (the Paperport-like ones) she bought a Mustek
>flatbed. It did not come with a quick and easy copy utility.
>Anyone know of a copy utility that can be used with a Mustek scanner? The
>HP copier app wouldn't recognize her scanner.

Though a bit of overkill, omnipage pro can quickly scan and print pages. I use that as my
personal copying software. Make sure you turn autobrightness off, otherwise it takes too much
time to scan.

--
Freedom is not free.  Free men are not equal.  Equal men are not free.
Microsoft Network is prohibited from redistributing this work in any

Post by Craig L. Stevens » Tue, 03 Dec 1996 04:00:00

>> >Anyone know of a copy utility that can be used with a Mustek scanner? The
>> >HP copier app wouldn't recognize her scanner.

>> Though a bit of overkill, omnipage pro can quickly scan and print pages.
>> I use that as my  personal copying software. Make sure you turn
>> autobrightness off, otherwise it takes too much time to scan.

Mmm, well, the OCR app that came with her Mustek looks pretty dinky...I
believe Omni Pro can be bought as a competive upgrade for about $150 or so;
that may be her only option.

Thanks!

1. Generic Scanner Software

Can anyone recommend a solid, generic scanning software package that can
be used for various models? I'd like to get a scanner here in Japan and
use an English software package instead of the packaged Japanese
software.

Thanks.

2. Good GUI book needed

3. Copy utility for UMAX Astra

4. Fractal letters

5. HP ScanJet Copy Utility n

6. Render using a vue file

7. Scantest utility for 2300-C scanner

8. Free Demo Clothing Animation Software for Evaluation

9. Scanner software -- copying/faxing??

10. scanner used as a copying machine?

11. Tektronix "Copy Station" Scanner

12. Using a scanner as a copy machine