ACM Symposium on Interactive 3D Graphics

ACM Symposium on Interactive 3D Graphics

Post by Keven S. Hayn » Sat, 22 Aug 1998 04:00:00

------------------------------------
Subject: October 15 deadline for submissions to the ACM Symposium on
Interactive 3D Graphics

Dear colleague:

The ACM Symposium on Interactive 3D Graphics (I3DG) will be held in Atlanta
on April 26-28, 1999. I3DG has become a traditional forum for presenting
the most innovative ideas, techniques, experiments, and research results in
interactive design, viewing, and manipulation of 3D models. We hope to have
special sessions on user effectiveness, content creation, dealing with
model complexity, animation, and internet access.

I3DG offers its 200+ participants ample opportunities to experiment with
the latest products and prototypes and to interact with other academic and
industrial experts. I3DG is a fertile ground for recruiting, for getting
updated on the state of the art, and for starting new joint projects.

I urge you to submit your most recent research in this area by October 29,
1998 and to remember to Email us a short electronic summary by October 15,
1998.
Details are available at: http://www.gvu.gatech.edu/i3dg/

I am also requesting that you take the trouble to help us disseminate this
call to your colleagues, students, and to post it in the appropriate
forums. Please do this now. We want to reach out to a wider audience and
ensure diversity of ideas and participation.

I hope to see you in Atlanta in April. The weather should be splendid,
restaurants here are fabulous, the hotel is high class, and a tour of the
various labs and projects in the GVU center at GeorgiaTech will be offered.
Please register early.

Jarek Rossignac, Conference Chair, Professor, and Director
  Graphics, Visualization, and Usability Center
         http://www.gvu.gatech.edu/
      College of Computing, Room 241
      Georgia Institute of Technology
      Atlanta, GA 30332-0280
         Phone: 404/894-0671,  Fax:  404/894-0673

          http://www.gvu.gatech.edu/people/faculty/jarek.rossignac/

---------------------------------------
Jarek Rossignac, Professor and Director           Phone:  404/894-0671
Graphics, Visualization, and Usability Center       Fax:  404/894-0673
College of Computing, Room 241
Georgia Institute of Technology
Atlanta, GA 30332-0280

  http://www.gvu.gatech.edu/people/faculty/jarek.rossignac/

Note that GVU will host the 1999 ACM Symposium on
Interactive 3D Graphics: http://www.gvu.gatech.edu/i3dg/

Keven Haynes                                         office: (404)894-5218
GVU Lab Manager, College of Computing                fax:    (404)894-0673