Weiler-Atherton polygon clipper

Post by TMOT » Wed, 09 Sep 1992 13:11:00

I'm looking for some source code for a Weiler-Atherton polygon clipper.

Now, before you all flame me with the immortal question "When is the
assignment due?", I will point out that I need this code to evaluate
the performance of my own visible-surface algorithms against a real-
world, "industry-standard" algorithm such as W/A, for my Master of
Science thesis.

I am perfectly willing to implement a W/A clipper for myself, but both
I and my supervisor feel that the time would be better spent on more
important things - the algorithms that I am developing...

So if anyone knows where I can get my hands on such source code
(preferably in C; email && ftp are fine) I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance,
Jason Williams.
--
_________________  "I'd like to answer this question in two ways:
  /____ _ _/_ __       First in my normal voice, and then

Weiler-Atherton polygon clipper

Post by David Dantowi » Thu, 10 Sep 1992 09:11:50

Check out Communications of the ACM, from July '92 for a new article
on polygon clipping.

--
David Dantowitz

Singing Barbershop when I'm not doing parallel simulation

Post by TMOT » Fri, 11 Sep 1992 10:26:08

>Check out Communications of the ACM, from July '92 for a new article
>on polygon clipping.

Thanks... in a couple of months when it reaches NZ I'll look out for it! ;-)
                         ^^^^^^ :-(

...but back to the original question... I'm after source code for a Weiler-
Atherton clipper. I am developing my own clipping algorithms, and I want to
use Weiler-Atherton as a benchmark for them. If anyone can oblige I would
be most grateful.
--
_________________  "I'd like to answer this question in two ways:
  /____ _ _/_ __       First in my normal voice, and then
 // / //_//_ /_/       in a silly, high-pitched whine." (Monty Python)

1. Weiler-Atherton Polygon Clipper??

Does anyone out there know if there is a public domain implementation
of the Weiler-Atherton polygon clipping algorithm?  Something that
could be sent through email would be best, although ftp is doable.

you reply to the account at ohio-state, it should be forwarded, but
why take chances?  Don't post a follow-up as I don't have
net.access.regular.

advTHANKSance,

Marc Sarrel
--
Marc A. Sarrel                  |       "Oh, _lightwieght_ Alpaca..."

2. Transforming MAX in X ?

3. Weiler-Atherton clipper implementations available?

4. 100mbs v 10mps Net render farm

5. New Book: Mastering PIXELS:3D

6. Weiler-Atherton algorithm (polygon clipping)

7. How do I composite multipass rendered images?

8. weiler-atherton polygon clipping algorithm

9. more: Weiler-Atherton polygon clipping

10. Weiler-Atherton polygon clipping

11. Weiler Atherton polygon clipping algorithm