trying to get started on cbds...

Post by Mark S. Pfa » Tue, 02 Oct 1990 05:09:00

hey.

so i'm trying to get started on this cbds system apparatus and
as luck would have it, the ops know little if anything and there
don't seem to be any readily available information sources (excepting
of course the manuals which weigh in at about 12 pounds and don't
appear to contain much for the newcomer.)  I'd simply like to find
something along the lines of getting started with the damned thing
as well as perhaps a diagram of exactly what those 40 some entirely
unmarked buttons on that extra keypad do.  apparently the reason i
couldn't get the program to do anything was because i needed to
hit one of those buttons, which one i have no idea.  oh well.
any help would be groovy, so to speak.

mark pfaff

of the mailers in these parts.  thanks.

incidentally the cbds business is running on some ibm 4341 apparatus
with 5080 terminals (i may be wrong on the numbers, but it's something
like that if it helps.  i feel so insignificant.)

1. Trying to follow the Renderman Companion (Getting Closer)

I'm returning to this old thread because I have the same question, and
this doesn't appear to have been resolved:

How to build the Renderman Companion example .c-code using Visual C++
(VCPP)?

I am able to compile using:

cl /c -I"C:\PROGRA~1\Pixar\prman-11.0.1\include" -MD -D_MT -DNT_PLUGIN
-DNDEBUG
-DSGI_STL -GR -GX /nologo /Fofoo -c foo.c

and then link:

link foo.obj /LIBPATH:"C:\PROGRA~1\Pixar\prman-11.0.1\lib" prman.lib
librib.lib libzip.lib liblkm.lib libprmutil.lib kernel32.lib
user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib
odbccp32.lib /debug /machine:I386 /out:"foo.exe"

(foo = example 2_1 or any other listing from the RC)

But when I try to run (debug or release), I get the error "The
procedure entry point RiDisplay could not be located in the dynamic
link library prman.exe."

I am already linking everything imaginable and the paths check out,
but I can't make enough sense of the error to proceed. I've also tried
making a vcpp console "workspace" and building it that way (a bit
heavy-handed), but the result is the same.

Can anyone straighten out what is surely my simple goof?

- Gabriel

2. Opps!! Please ignore Antialiasing Nightmare (2)

3. Trying to get started...

4. Dynamic Web CPU Histogram

5. Trying to uninsatll 3d studio Max R4 but getting error1606

6. Algorithms for Isosurfaces

7. V770 Ultra with 3D Studio Max R3 (not trying to start a flame war)

8. Graduate Fellowship in Computer Graphics available at UMBC

9. Lightwave tries to access Internet upon start

10. NOT trying to start a compiler war :)

11. Trying to start with Mesa2.5, Help.