Firewire Question - Please Help.

Post by to.. » Sat, 12 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I just bought a G4/350. I also purchased a LaCie Firewire 20G External. I
know Firewire is a hot-swappable technology, but when I just want to turn
off the external, what is the correct procedure? It came with it's own
power cord, which I have to use because it won't fire up without it. If I
disconnect the Firewire cable from the back of the G4, the external is
still on. How do I turn it off while allowing the proper "shut down"
procedure?

I apologize for the basic questions; but this is new technology for me
(never mind learning OS 9) and I'd rather get the problems out of the way
now.

Please respond via email, as I don't get a chance to check the newsgroups
too often. Thanks for your help.

Tony

1. PLEASE HELP HELP HELP PLEASE HELP

HELP!!!!

All of the sudden when trying to use my Kais power tools and Aldus
Gallery Effects on even the SMALLEST image it saya that It has
insufficent memory(RAM) to perform the operation. This started
happening all of the sudden with NO system changes made by myself.
I am running Photoshop 3.0.4 with win 95 and the updates to ensure
compatibility with 16 bit plugins. My Alien Skin filters seem to work
as do the Standard Photoshop filters

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!!!!

Thanks in advance
Lenny Terenzi

2. Scanning 35mm-Slides or Prints?

3. Question - USB/Firewire HDD for Scratch Disk?

4. Lighting a school hall.

5. FireWire Cards - newbie questions

6. Double buffer shading problem

7. Firewire on 320...HELP!!!!

8. Video for P133 & Win95, advice please

9. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!

10. HELP! Mixed-model Colormap setting PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

11. Help Please,,,,Please Help

12. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. PLEASE HELP ME -- Scratch Memory full -- PLEASE HELP!