Conveting to DXF

Post by Le Quynh Tran » Tue, 28 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I am looking for a conversion program that I could convert files that
have been scanned (tif, jpg, gif) into a DXF file.  I am trying to import
some drawings into AutoCad.  If you have any suggestions please let me
know.

1. conveting macdraw files to dxf format

Hello,

maps, created on a mac II ci (Using MacDraw)  My boss would like these drawings
to be brought over to a PC. The networking part was easy. Now I need to find a
converter that will help me. What I have tried is saving the macdraw file as a
"PICT" file and then reopening it on the mac with CADintosh and saving it
accross the net as a "DXF" cad file and opening it with Turbocad 4. Didn't
work. Then I tried to convert the pict file on the PC, using a old version of
Hijaak (version 2.02), it works somewhat, but not good enough.
What I need is a utility that will convert "vector to vector". More
specifically, I need to convert from the macdraw format or those files saved as
a pict format, to a DXF file format to be used in Autocad and/ or Microstation
95.
It wasn't my idea to use macdraw for important site mappings, but I would like
to be the guy who dumps the mac trash in favor of a real computer and software!
Apparently, these guys have wanted to do this for a couple of years.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Ray Marinello

2. **hot**

3. 2D DXF to 3D DXF - How?

4. better way to code "pan" function with openGL

5. Mac .dxf to EFS .dxf

6. how to affect >1 layer at the same time?

7. PC DXF to MAC DXF

8. Electronic signs

9. Help -- DXF-->POV-Ray or DXF-->TTDDD

10. DXF file format or DXF->NFF translator wanted

11. LWO to DXF and DXF to LWO

12. HPGL & DXF viewers, and DXF format...

13. About DXF "INSERT" entity while converting DXF->OBJ