Realistic Cactus

Post by William Van Swearing » Thu, 14 Sep 1995 04:00:00

I need to populate my rendered desert scenery with cactus and I was just
wondering if there was anything out similar to L-Systems tree builder or
if the tree builder can do it how would I go about it.

Thanks in advance
William Van Swearingen

Folio Corporation
The comments posted here are the opinions of William Van Swearingen and
do not necessarily represent the feelings, attitudes or opinions of Folio
Corporation in general.

1. Need elbow for cactus image (POV)

I think what you need is an "intersection"... intersect the torus with a box.

hmmm...no... I don't think I'm going to bother trying to make that with ASCII
figures...

Anyway... the intersection will show up wherever it finds both shapes.
Malcolm Dwyer
http://www.execpc.com/~malcolmd

2. Extra clipping plane?

3. PS3 Scanning, color seps, and cactus

4. Help WANTED! ARTISTS-WRITERS

5. 14 Realistic FLC & FLC Videos

6. What's New Today: 11/2/98

7. How to make realistic rocks ?

8. Terrain rendering w/ variable detail levels.

9. Implementing realistic skycolor

10. Realistic Sky & Water

11. Realistic starfield sphere?

12. Realistic looking Bryce seas