BMRT NT VS. BMRT LINUX: Which is faster?

BMRT NT VS. BMRT LINUX: Which is faster?

Post by Apocalyp » Sat, 18 Apr 1998 04:00:00

        Which is superior all around?

BMRT NT VS. BMRT LINUX: Which is faster?

Post by Wouter Schreuder » Mon, 20 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I'm not speaking from experience but on of the guys did a test a while back
and the lunix version was many times faster. I'm sure rendering quality is
the same.

Quote:>    Which is superior all around?

Post by Michael B. Johnso » Sat, 25 Apr 1998 04:00:00

> I'm not speaking from experience but on of the guys did a test a while back
> and the lunix version was many times faster. I'm sure rendering quality is
> the same.

"many times faster"?   I don't think so... One person had some numbers showing
tens of percent (Linux better than Win32), but not integer multiples.  There's
a mighty big difference there...

--

-->  Media Arts Technologist, Pixar Animation Studios (East'of Office)
-->  alumnus, MIT Media Lab, Computer Graphics & Animation Group

1. BMRT - linux vs. NT

I've been using BMRT on linux for a couple weeks now (it's awesome).  I've
since seen reference to the NT version.  Has anyone done any benchmarking
for a given set of hardware as to which OS/version performs best?  Thanks.

--
Shaun
http://members.tripod.com/~shaun1/

by definition, not smart enough to debug it.  -- Kernighan

2. OpenGl and DJGPP

3. BMRT radiosity, BMRT MTOR Shaders?

4. Cinema 4D Newsgroup

5. MaxMan (BMRT only version) and BMRT

6. PCX File Converter?

7. BMRT, Glibc 2.1 , and Linux distro's

8. Get font sizes like in cmdialog

9. Newbie question - BMRT and RSH on Linux

10. BMRT and Linux libc

11. BMRT on Linux troubles?

12. BMRT on linux mandrake

13. BMRT Linux Environment variables