How to convert a Mac JPEG file into windows JPEG file

Post by Joe Crawfo » Thu, 17 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> I have several .jpeg files from a Macintosh. I tried to open them with
> LviewPro, but Lview couldn't open them, I get a "file type not supported"
> error. Short of having someone resave the files on the Mac, is there a way
> to convert these jpeg images so they can be used on a Windows NT/95
> platform?

Yeah. Change the extension to .jpg

.jpeg just confuses windows - it prefers a 3 letter extension.

The JPEG format is a cross platform filetype ... should be openable by anyone.

I hope it's that simple.

How are you transferring them? ftp? email? disk? zip disk?

Hope that helps.

Joe Crawford  > ArtLung = Artist + Respiratory Therapist <
              <          W e b    D e s i g n e r        <
              >       Los Angeles, California, USA       <

              >   <http://home.earthlink.net/~artlung/>  <

How to convert a Mac JPEG file into windows JPEG file

Post by Tom La » Fri, 18 Jul 1997 04:00:00

A couple more possible sources of trouble:

1. You might have corrupted the file in transferring it from Mac to PC.
If the transfer program tried to do a Mac->DOS text-format conversion
(ie, substituting CR/LF for CR), it would've corrupted the file beyond
repair.  It's also possible that the transfer program stuck on a
"MacBinary" header.  You need a raw binary transfer method to move
image files between Macs and PCs safely.

2. The file might not really be a JFIF-format JPEG file (JFIF is the
de facto standard format for JPEG-compressed images).  Apple's QuickTime
supports a method of embedding JPEG-compressed images in Mac "PICT"
files, and some Mac applications will produce a PICT/JPEG when you
ask for "JPEG".  If you're lucky, such an app will also have a "JFIF"
format option to produce the more standard format.

For more info see the JPEG FAQ at http://www.faqs.org/faqs/jpeg-faq/

                        regards, tom lane
                        organizer, Independent JPEG Group

1. Printing Date/Time of JPEG-File into the JPEG-File

I want to to the following batch-job:

- I have about 200 pictures with the same size in a specific directory
- I want to load one file after the other into Gimp and put a text
   line at the bottom, where the date and time of the file itself shall
   be inserted and the modified picture shall be saved automatically
   afterwards.

How can i do this with WinGimp ?
Thanks
   Andreas

2. Planet Studio

3. help: how to convert a tif file to gif or jpeg file under unix platform

4. Hello, two problems

5. Measure distance on maps with PSP...

6. converting/encoding jpeg file into swf(flash) file

7. Print size not correct

8. Converting Bitcom .bfx files to jpeg or gif or bmp files

9. help: how to convert a tif file to gif or jpeg file under unix platform

10. help : how to convert a tif file to gif or jpeg file under unix

11. CONVERT Corel Draw File To Tiff or BMP or JPEG Image File

12. Convert JPEG file to a bitmap file